Hows texas oilfield for women drivers?

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by Hottiecrudehauler, May 20, 2017.

1. Stinger75

Stinger75 Bobtail Member

Jul 8, 2017
    Thank you ... I just looked them up .. Can't seem to find a link to apply or valid phone number.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 27butterfly

27butterfly Medium Load Member

Aug 1, 2013
    Pittsburg, Texas
    It is paper application for them, they are a small company and I believe the number on Google is old. They have two separate offices but the address is correct, I know they have faxed application before and honestly they don't care how much experience you have.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  4. Stinger75

Stinger75 Bobtail Member

Jul 8, 2017
    Thank You ... I will reach out to them

5. 27butterfly

Aug 1, 2013
    Pittsburg, Texas
    Sent you another number to try in pm

6. 27butterfly

Aug 1, 2013
    Pittsburg, Texas
    Yes its a good number, I called and owner answered.

7. 4wayflashers

4wayflashers Heavy Load Member

Mar 14, 2014
    North Dakota is outlaw country. Texas is cowboy country. FET out of Carrizo ran PeopleNet when I was there. To say everyone was running illegal is incorrect. FET was a solid company with newer trucks, PeopleNet, a safety guy, a shop, free uniforms and safety gear, etc. I left around the same time you did. With the oilfield exemption (24 hour reset) I NEVER ONCE was in violation of HOS while working at FET.

8. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    I didn't say FET was illegal. That was a good job.
    They were the only ones running E-logs that's
    Why I went to work there. Nobody else down there
    Wanted anything to do with them.
    Everybody else was run like hell and make as
    Much money as you could.

9. oldtrucker66

oldtrucker66 Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2015
    I understood the oilfield exemption applied only to specialized equipment operators, not regular truck drivers hauling sand, water, chemicals, oil, etc. See below. I copied it directly from ccjdigital.com

"The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration on Friday, June 1, 2012 announced its revision of regulatory guidance to clarify the applicability of the oilfield operations exceptions to the hours-of-service regulations, and the agency has requested comments on the revision.

FMCSA said a significant increase in oil and gas drilling operations in many states has resulted in a major increase in commercial motor vehicle traffic to move the oilfield equipment, and to transport large quantities of supplies, such as water and sand, to the sites. The agency said operators of many of these vehicles have raised questions about the applicability of the hours-of-service oilfield operations exemptions to them.

FMCSA said in the case of specially trained drivers of CMVs that are constructed specially to service oil wells, on-duty time does not include waiting time at a natural gas or oil well site; this exception often is referred to as the “oilfield waiting time” provision. Examples of equipment that may qualify the operator/driver for the oilfield waiting time exception are heavy-coil vehicles, missile trailers, nitrogen pumps, wire-line trucks, sand storage trailers, cement pumps, “frac” pumps, blenders, hydration pumps and separators.

Operators of CMVs that are used to transport supplies, equipment and materials such as sand and water to and from the well sites do not qualify for the oilfield waiting time exception even if there have been some modifications to the vehicle to transport, load or unload the materials, and the driver required some minimal additional training in the operation of the vehicle, such as running pumps or controlling the unloading and loading processes.

To comment, go to www.regulations.gov; the docket number is FMCSA-2012-0183."

10. 4wayflashers

Mar 14, 2014
    There were a few oilfield exemptions. The one that affected water "vac" trucks was mainly the exemption that we didnt need to have 2 consecutive 1am-5am periods to complete a reset. Also could reset twice in one week if needed. 5 days on 1 day off usually got you 36 hours off, working 12 hour shifts. But night shift got off at 6am so a day off would get you 36 hours off but only one 1am - 5am period. We stayed on on-duty during unloading/loading.

11. 4wayflashers

Mar 14, 2014
    I see. I misread your post. I still miss those evening driving out to fog mountain with the sunsetting on the ranch lol. I must be crazy cause those were some terrible "roads". I would have stayed if I lived near there. Anyway hope your doing well.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.