Hundreds of drivers reported spending the night on I-40 in Arizona.

Discussion in 'Truckers' Weather & Road Conditions' started by Chinatown, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Deere hunter

Deere hunter Road Train Member

Aug 5, 2017
    Shallowater Texas
    Why is it always someone else’s fault. If you’re going to drive until they stop you at least you should be full of fuel and full of groceries if not in today’s world with all this technology shut it down before you get there. No excuses

drvrtech77, bzinger, D.Tibbitt and 2 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Magoo1968

Magoo1968 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2021
    St Malo mb
    Funny part is often they are still sleeping on road as you go by once open lol

D.Tibbitt and Deere hunter Thank this.
  4. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    I think the catch is shutting it down AT and EXIT. Not in between them. Or do you want to stop people from getting off?

5. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    I'd probably be pretty pissed if the morons shut down the interstate when there wasn't even any major snowing going on but that is where we are headed here in Idiotville. They already shut down the schools and sometimes entire regions before a snowstorm that the next day never even happens.

As more and more incompetent snowflakes, who had to be walked to the school bus by their parents, going to schools that teach them nothing useful at all, start taking over things it's just going to get worse and worse.

I took a day off a couple weeks ago for a dental appointment. My company sent me across the country, I missed out on a load, drove my car 4 hours home from the terminal, woke up for the appointment the next day and saw a little ice and snow, easily drove a couple miles to the dentist and found out that the entire place took the day off and didn't tell anybody but they sure were calling me 2 days earlier making sure that I was going to be there on the appointment date or else I'll have to pay a fine for not showing up.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
  6. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
  7. austinmike

austinmike Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Missouri
    Alot of people are ill prepared because if they get in a jam, wheter its a flat tire or a breakdown or whatever, all they have to do is pick up the fone and call for help.
    I discovered this in my years doing Triple A roadside.

Well as some folks find out, help isnt always a fone call away.

Final Drive, bzinger and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  8. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
  9. bentstrider83

bentstrider83 Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Portales, NM
    I remember a doctors office like that. Assessing a fine because you couldn't make an appointment. I'd rather just flip them the bird, call them wannabe cops for "assessing fines" and find another doctor.

drvrtech77 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.