HVH Transportation Denver

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by rocknroll81, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Metalicious

Metalicious Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2015
    They must have changed that. It wasn't mandatory before. They let me email paperwork in or fax it a couple of times but kept insisting I must go out and back to Denver because they're a Denver based company. You will see, when the time comes you don't want to take what they try to give to you. I would have sat for 5 days in San diego. Ended up deadheading home since I was a "business owner" to make sure I got home on time for thanksgiving and they sent me a load from cali to near where I lived in Texas but I was already home. They terminated my contract after. Not tooting any horns but I'm sure the IRS who I was so kind to notify put them in check, on the whole dictation bs.

19wheeler Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Metalicious

Metalicious Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2015
    They still paying 91 cents a mile?

4. 19wheeler

19wheeler Bobtail Member

Nov 19, 2016
    Lots a luck. I live in a Midwestern city of millions right on a major interstate, and I never got a single load to the house even ONCE, only drive-bys passing through to somewhere else. And in 3 years I never went to Michigan a single time. Every time you leave denver, they only look for reloads right back to denver so they an force you to do short-hauls of 325-450 miles. Short hauls under 500 miles pay the carrier/HVH way,way more per mile than longer runs.But you will get the same .89/mile regardless.

mediumwell67 Thanks this.
  5. 19wheeler

19wheeler Bobtail Member

Nov 19, 2016
    You are right on the money. Exactly what I found-out with HVH denver. All the short-hauls they force you to do make sense when you realize all carriers make far more per mile for under 500 mile loads because nobody will haul them. But you get the same .89/mile with HVH Denver.

6. 19wheeler

19wheeler Bobtail Member

Nov 19, 2016
    I was treated the same way, except I quit. Avoid HVH denver. The more HVH goes down hill, the more they will force you to do short-hauls that pay HVH a lot more per mile. But you get the same .89/mile. They tell you .91/mile but the contract says .89/mile.

7. 19wheeler

19wheeler Bobtail Member

Nov 19, 2016
    If this .89/mile LP company is such a great deal, then why are there so many complaints about HVH transportation here. Amazing since they only have a couple of hundred trucks. Safety score with HVH transportation is so low you are red-lighted with Prepass 100% of the time at EVERY open scale in Cali. Skipped paying entire trips even though they admitted they had all the paperwork. Payroll just keeps saying they're "working on it" yet they never pay. Absolutely forced-dispatch short hauls Denver to Albuquerque on junk, heavy recycled paper loads where you wait hours and hours to get loaded AND reloaded. And their claim of paying detention is a bald-faced lie and never mentioned in the contract.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
  8. 19wheeler

19wheeler Bobtail Member

Nov 19, 2016
    This was in 2015 when I started, but as HVH transportation continues to lose money today, you are notified in writing that you are "expected to service route customer loads" which is code for forced dispatch short-hauls under 500 miles, because short hauls under 500 miles pay all carriers often double the normal rate because no carrier wants to haul them. Avoid unless you live in denver and like making .89/mile. Most are short-haul Albuquerque loads that deliver in the middle of the night and are heavy re-cycled paper loads where you wait many hours to unload and reload. Unless you don't have a tractor payment, you cannot make money doing this.

9. 19wheeler

19wheeler Bobtail Member

Nov 19, 2016
    Very true. Too many complaints about HVH transportation up here. And READ the contract before you waste your time. No mention about anything other than .89/mile. No mention in it about paying detention. No mention about paying layover. And it says clearly you must give them "30 day" notice to quit (Or you are in breach of contract), even though they will stop dispatching you altogether if you don't do they're short-haul junk loads to Albuquerque. And they also wait until you actually start driving for them to give you written notice that you are expected to short-haul forced dispatch loads or they will stop dispatching you completely.

10. 19wheeler

19wheeler Bobtail Member

Nov 19, 2016
    And since I was constantly in HVH transportaion's denver yard for short-haul forced dispatch loads, I never encountered a trucking company go into what they call "lock-down" mode so often, where the whole office is locked-up to all drivers in the middle of the day because they have yet again received threats from another driver they screwed over who was seeking revenge. Happened all the time.

11. 19wheeler

19wheeler Bobtail Member

Nov 19, 2016
    Notice how he never replies, probably because he quit when he figured-out he was only making.10/mile with HVH transportation's fleece purchase. And the fleece purchase is through quality lease in Denver, which is permanently closed now in Denver because they had too many lawsuits and are essentially a criminal enterprise. Oh there's plenty of trucks on the now closed lot because the fleece purchase trucks are being turned-in by the hundreds. But bring your jumper cables, because they've been sitting there forever and none of them even start.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.