I-15 NB AZ milemarker 7 near Beaver Dam, be cautious, pay attention

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by TheLoadOut, Sep 27, 2021.

1. TheLoadOut

TheLoadOut Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2019
    ADOT has begun an extensive bridge repair located on I-15 in Beaver Dam/Littlefield, Arizona, just south of the Virgin River Gorge. The bridge is down to one lane in each direction and the project is expected to be completed in 2023. The construction zone began right after the Labor Day holiday and in the 3 weeks since there have been 3 major wrecks on the northbound side, all due to people not paying attention entering the construction zone. In my opinion it also due to the fact that the left lane closure is too close to the bridge and construction zone, causing those left lane huggers to drive it all the way down to the very end and causing a slow merge and backing up traffic in the right lane. If they closed it earlier and funneled the traffic into the zone earlier I think the transition would go much smoother. Pay attention, especially to what's coming up from behind you. The links to the crashes are below.

Long-term lane closures announced for I-15 south of gorge; ADOT launches new app with traffic updates

Woman airlifted to hospital after being trapped in truck on fire on I-15 near Littlefield

2 critically injured following crash on northbound I-15 through Arizona

5 people injured on northbound I-15 following rear-end collision in Arizona

[​IMG]

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Six9GS

Six9GS Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Yuma, AZ
    I take that road regularly, but haven't taken it in a few weeks, so wasn't aware. Thanks for the heads up! I appreciate it!!!

NavigatorWife, TheLoadOut and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  4. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    Time to enablle some cell phone jammers

5. TheLoadOut

Nov 6, 2019
    I wrote to ADOT about the area in question and this was their response...

"Thank you for your email calling ADOT's attention to traffic safety on Interstate 15 at Virgin River Bridge No. 1.

I attend a weekly update meeting regarding this project. The project team (representatives from ADOT and the contractor) is well aware of the recent crashes and their severity. They are very concerned, and they are reviewing the project's traffic control plan. Also, four message boards have been added in an effort to increase driver awareness of the construction zone, and there will be an increased presence of public safety officers. Although the speed limit through the work zone is 45 mph, some drivers unfortunately show little regard for it and have been clocked at well over 45.

ADOT takes safety to the traveling public seriously. It is our No. 1 priority. Feel free to contact me if these concerns persist or if you have other questions about the bridge project."

mjd4277 and Cattleman84 Thank this.
  6. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    The only reasonable question to ask is," What state was the dude that caused the crash from? Perhaps what country?"

7. TheLoadOut

Nov 6, 2019
  8. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    That's not even in The Gorge. And it's just a common construction zone.

I drove through it about two weeks ago, and thought nothing of it, I was looking for something in The Gorge.

9. TheLoadOut

Nov 6, 2019
  10. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    Never again will I take that route to Indiana. That’s one scary situation.

TheLoadOut Thanks this.
  11. JC1971

JC1971 Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2013
    L.A.
    That's why there was a truck pulled over just past the bridge yesterday. Looks like they're cracking down because of all the wrecks. I thought the 2-mile-long 45 MPH approach to the bridge was being way overcautious but traffic backs up sometimes so that's what they have to do to prevent this.

Flat Earth Trucker Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.