I-40 Hickory,NC crash

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by rambler, Aug 6, 2010.

1. rambler

rambler Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Just seen on local news there was a crash on I-40 involving a brokedown truck, another one that came out to switch out with him and another one that was passing thru. One driver died. There was dense fog at the time in the wee morning hours. No charges as of yet.

Giggles the Original Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. hotrod1653

hotrod1653 Road Train Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Somewhere in America
  4. Giggles the Original

Giggles the Original Road Train Member

Fatal Crash Shuts Down Highway 321

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Posted: 8:49 am EDT August 6, 2010Updated: 9:39 am EDT August 6, 2010
    HICKORY, N.C. -- One person died in a crash on Highway 321 southbound early Friday morning, according to the North Carolina Highway Patrol.
    The crash happened at about 4 a.m., and the road was closed until about 8:30 a.m.
    Troopers said a tractor-trailer stalled on the side of 321, just south of the River Road exit, and called for another truck. When that truck arrived, one of the drivers got out to hook the trailer to it. While he was trying to attach it, troopers said a truck from Queens Trucking hit him.
    The victim’s name has not been released.
    Highway Patrol said fog was likely a factor in the crash and may have prevented the Queens Trucking driver from seeing the other trucks.
    The crash is still under investigation.

rambler Thanks this.
  5. stranger

stranger Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2006
    NC
  6. rambler

rambler Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Thanks Cboy and giggles and stranger..the news report said I-40. Very sad thing.

7. Cropduster

Cropduster Light Load Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Virgina
    God Bless him and his family....Very Bad News.

8. larryaz

larryaz Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2006
    Jefferson, Texas
    Very sad indeed. Hearts go out to him and his family. That being said...

As a Trainer I teach my students to ALWAYS get under that dang trailer and check the JAWS! The Tug Test may not overcome the friction between the truck and trailer, Especially if you have a dry 5th wheel like I see a lot of these steering wheel holders with nowadays. So sad that a few seconds of attention to detail may have saved this man's life. :biggrin_25513:

9. Giggles the Original

Giggles the Original Road Train Member

wow....very sad....EVERY TIME EITHER ONE OF US STOPS...EVEN FOR A MINUTE.... we ALWAYS do a tug test before we roll again....its a good habit to get into to....how sad...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.