I-55 Arnold,Missouri

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by mjd4277, Sep 19, 2018.

1. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    4mer trucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    And it's not even slippery yet. "Under investigation", better dig up Sherlock Holmes for this mystery.
    Hey, mjd, you seem to be the king ( or queen ?)of crashes here, since pattyj went away. Since they changed the format, I can't figure out how to post a new thread, but a friend sent me this from Burnsville, Mn. This is VERY unsettling, guy never touched the brakes, amazing no one was killed.
    Dashcam captures violent chain-reaction crash

Lepton1 and bzinger Thank this.
  4. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    To many fones ...to much speed ...to little following distance .
    Des Moines is this morning about 8 am on 80 and 235 , dry road 2 accidents .
    Dumb dumbs on fones everywhere almost rear ending the vehicles in front of them as traffic slowed .

drvrtech77 and austinmike Thank this.
  5. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    It's ironic, roads get safer, cars much safer, and then something as distracting as a cell phone is even allowed in a vehicle. There should be an automatic disconnect while driving.
    Also, with the vehicles today, driving them isn't quite the same as the '63 Falcon with bias-ply tires all over the road. It took all your concentration just to get there.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  6. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    Saw a guy in a concrete mixer nearly do the same thing yesterday afternoon. Pay attention people!!!!!

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  7. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    The larger problem is too many cars are being shoved into ever-confining spaces of roads designed for half the high speed traffic they are carrying today. Yes, distractions are a big problem, but having 100 cars in 3 lanes traveling at 70 MPH, in less then a quarter mile stretch of road, you simply have too little spacing between vehicles. This removes much room for error when everybody is traveling bumper to bumper at high speeds. One minor human error, will instantly affect dozens of others.

It's easy to say "increase your following distance" but when 1,000 vehicles want to travel in a space designed for 500 vehicles, you're going to get denser traffic patterns. There's just no way to expect otherwise.

And it's only going to get worse as more people take to the roads to live and work their lives away. Defensive driving is your best hope [luck and perhaps faith in a higher being might also play a part too] to avoid crash scenes, day in and day out.

mjd4277, mitrucker and Lepton1 Thank this.
  8. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    I am going to guess there is some one on a phone not paying attention. Along with the rest of those interesting 4 wheelers not paying attention.

Then in the other direction the rubber neckers........ Well the rest is history.

mjd4277 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.