I-80 Closed in Nebraska

Discussion in 'Truckers' Weather & Road Conditions' started by Moon_beam, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Moon_beam

Moon_beam Heavy Load Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Nebraska State Patrol
    @NEStatePatrol

There is a multi-vehicle crash on I-80 near mile marker 282, east of Kearney. Traffic is backing up as crews respond. With visibility low in areas, secondary crashes are more possible. Please DO NOT travel in blizzard conditions.

[​IMG]

D.Tibbitt, Cat sdp and bzinger Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moon_beam

Aug 29, 2012
    Troopers are reporting white out conditions in the tri-city area on I-80, Highway 34, Highway 30, and other roadways in the area. Numerous crashes or slide-offs that troopers and other agencies are working now.

[​IMG]

D.Tibbitt and bzinger Thank this.
  4. Moon_beam

Aug 29, 2012
    The gates are down on I-80 from York to Kearney westbound. Do not drive around the gates to get onto the road. Several other highways in the area are also closed at this time. Check http://511.Nebraska.gov for updated info as the storm moves through.

[​IMG]

D.Tibbitt and bzinger Thank this.
  5. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    30 is closed too.

D.Tibbitt and Dale thompson Thank this.
  6. Muskie

Muskie Medium Load Member

Feb 27, 2019
    Estes asked if I wanted to take empties (pups) back to Denver from Salt Lake City, yesterday morning. I said, heck no, knowing that the wind was going to pick up late morning. I80 is no place to be deadhead, especially winter. Hard enough loaded. So I told them I could take I70. Ended up dropping the empties at our terminal in Grand Junction and hauling a double load back to Denver. Was just starting to get nasty when I passed thru Vail/Copper. Wasn't for the traffic backup (1 hour delay), coming down to Denver, would have been in the clear.

7. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I feel for the linehaul guys in the wintertime.

Uncle Birchy, Muskie and bzinger Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.