I-81 fatal head on crash in PA.

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by biggare1980, Apr 10, 2014.

1. biggare1980

biggare1980 Medium Load Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Springfield, Ohio
    http://www.abc27.com/story/25204781/crash-closes-i-81-north-81
    Driver of the SUV crossed through the median hitting a truck head on hard enough to knock the cab off the chassis. Driver of the SUV and truck were both killed but a passenger in the truck managed to survive. One other truck was involved when he ran off the road to avoid the crash.

gpsman Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. linuxjoe

linuxjoe Light Load Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Wanna move to Texas
    R.I.P driver - condolences to his family.
    He was just driving along minding his own business :-/

4. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere
    The stretch of I81 where this happened is probably one of the deadliest sections of road in the state. Seems to be a major accident every week

5. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    Wow. RIP to a fallen trucking brother. Hate to see this stuff. Just goes to show, anything can happen.

6. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    I wonder why the Roehl driver was following so close? He's lucky his tailgating didn't get him killed too.

7. sdaniel

sdaniel Road Train Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Pelham N.C.
    We were not far behind , when it happened. Major back up , routed traffic into Carlisle . Sorry to hear about the deaths!

8. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN

Since we Both weren't there

Maybe the other truck just passed Roehl and moved to the right lane and the accident occurred.

Right now there's a Schneider truck in a ditch in Arkansas, every one probably thinks he was texting and ran off the road. I just wished the fast trucks could have caught the pos in the semi that came off the shoulder right in front of him.

jeepnut_nh and 48Packard Thank this.
  9. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    How do you know I wasn't there? Not everybody likes to tell trucker stories nor feels the need to validate their existence by talking about their brushes with death.

10. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere
    I heard the driver of the SUV committed suicide. Not sure how true it is, but sad nonetheless.
    Regardless of what happened, that stretch of road is getting to be rather dangerous, with more traffic than ever and poorly designed on ramps..

11. biggare1980

biggare1980 Medium Load Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Springfield, Ohio
    I heard the same. My thoughts on Roehl is that he seen the cab come loose and swerved to avoid hitting it. For all we know the other truck could have been passing him. Either way both were driving along minding their own when this four wheeler comes through the median and changes the life's of four families.

rbrtwbstr Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.