I-81 NB,Mile Marker 87 In Virginia-2 Dead

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by mjd4277, Aug 6, 2020.

1. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    QUIT FOLLOWING SO FREAKING CLOSE !

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Canadianhauler21

Canadianhauler21 Heavy Load Member

May 15, 2017
    I know what language he is speaking and he was saying he barely missed being apart of the wreck and that his truck was the red one in the back. Although I'm not sure which one since there were 2 red ones.

He was also saying god help these people who are trapped and other prayers throughout the video.

4. Retired62

Retired62 Bobtail Member

Jul 14, 2020
    Wishing physical harm on others whom you don't even know is EVIL. By capturing the horror of something like this, perhaps a driver might think twice and slow down. I pray nothing happens to you, your family or friends on the road...

5. Roger.B1240

Roger.B1240 Bobtail Member

Jun 29, 2020
    Dallas Tx
    Is it me or are the wrecks involving big trucks getting worse compared to 20 y - 30 y ago?

Are the ELD forcing drivers to push too hard to stay on the road without breaks. Think about it....that device could be killing drivers. I go out for three weeks....I have noticed that thing is a slave master. Fatiqued driving ?

But at the end of the day....It is always the drivers fault no matter why.

Asleep behind the wheel?

chico9696, 201, Bandit2910 and 2 others Thank this.
  6. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    No..i think the quality of drivers has plummeted and frankly many cdl holders shouldn’t even possess one...eld has nothing to do with this...just sheer ignorance and stupidity by these idiots driving trucks.

7. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    Sure the bar is lower these days. Mega carriers will put anyone behind the wheel but that isn't the answer to your question. The answer is numbers! Statistics! There's just so many dang trucks on the road. Cars too. There's too freakin' many of us.

Look at the statistics on stuff like this and the averages aren't up that much on wrecks, fatalities or any of that statistically but it seems like it because there are so many more people sharing the same space on the road.

I was thinking of this exact thing as I passed this wreck and then saw a 15 mile long line of mostly trucks backed up behind it. It's freakin' unbelievable how many vehicles there are rolling these days.

chico9696, tommymonza, 201 and 4 others Thank this.
  8. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
    I’ve been seeing so much of that lately in the last few months, especially along I 40 between Barstow and Oklahoma City. The California plated trucks seem to be the worst. I’ve had them tailgating me for miles even if I’m doing the speed limit. It’s even worse in the construction zones, and trucks cutting each other off getting to exit ramps.

9. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    I’ve said it time and time again,driver skills in recent years (both truck drivers and 4 wheelers alike) have gone downhill. To CDL mills and licensing agencies it’s been more about QUANTITY than QUALITY. And it’s only going to get worse!

chico9696, tommymonza, Bud A. and 3 others Thank this.
  10. Canadianhauler21

Canadianhauler21 Heavy Load Member

May 15, 2017
    I feel like ELD has a part to it but isn't the biggest thing. The USA HOS is just awful, I guarantee if they adopted the Canadian HOS things like this would happen less.

11. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I think it was a combination of going too fast for conditions and not paying attention to traffic far enough ahead. Following close might cause some damage to the front of the vehicle if the front truck stops too fast, but you don't generally crush the cab back to the sleeper wall and drive under the trailer unless you are moving at a substantially faster speed.

chico9696, TokyoJoe, 86scotty and 4 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.