I am looking for carriers that are ELD exempt?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Oldironfan, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    Thought I would ask this here. I think it meets the category.
    I am sure I will not see many replies.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DTP

DTP Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2014
    What area?

4. Oldironfan

May 22, 2017
    Any area. I am near Menomonee, Michigan. I like to west, NW as much as possible from midwest , all year long. I like tri haul routes, as i like to bust my tail for 2 weeks before home. head-map.jpg

5. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    You aren't going to find any ELD exempt companies outside of drive-away/tow-away operations (vehicle driven IS the load), only ELD exempt trucks (1999 or older) and ELD exempt drivers (short haul).

Even if you DO find a company that runs strictly older trucks to be exempt, that eliminates the not-so-great state of Calif---ya...because a truck old enough to be ELD exempt isn't welcome in that state.

Sure, there are certain temporary exceptions to the ELD , but I wouldn't count on those being renewed indefinitely.

stwik, brian991219, Elg1968 and 2 others Thank this.
  6. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    Just curious why ELD exempt. Might as well say I want to haul cheap, and make up in volume.

7. Oldironfan

May 22, 2017
    So my question is how many years have you been driving? How many years experience do you have with paper logs?

8. 06driver

May 28, 2017
    Plenty. But I have always made money legal. Ok back in my young and ignorant days hauling cattle and feed I bought into the BS run harder, screw sleep, haul heavy and dodge scales......

After the extra maintenance costs, the stress, the fines when you got caught it was a losers game that only benefited cheap ### companies, and cheap ### shippers.

Charge more for your services. Problem solved. Plenty of folks make a #### good living running legal. But they do not chase miles

9. Oldironfan

May 22, 2017
    I'm just apologize. I don't know what else to do when I am not driving. I get real antsy. That's just me though. I drive to keep myself occupied.

10. Oldironfan

May 22, 2017
    And I'm not talking being a wild cowboy trucker. I did that back in 2010 for about 6 months. Never again will I drive for near 3 days straight.

11. 06driver

May 28, 2017
    By the time I work out even if it is just a walk for half hour 45 minutes, get a shower, poke fun at a few people, get sleep, get up, get a good meal to start the day my ten is burned up. There are day I wish it was 12 just because I have a dozen things that I need to do or check on.
    But I am greedy so once I have given myself the downtime I hit it for 14.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.