I am looking for flatbed companies that do team otr

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by LetsGoBrandon$, Oct 15, 2021.

1. LetsGoBrandon$

LetsGoBrandon$ Bobtail Member

Oct 15, 2021
    I've got 16 months experience driving for TMC clean MVR and zero moving violations. Over 300 loads delivered claim free. Does anyone know of a company that runs team flatbed otr? I have seen that Central Oregon has teams but I don't know their reputation? Any help. Thanks guys

austinmike Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
  4. LetsGoBrandon$

LetsGoBrandon$ Bobtail Member

Oct 15, 2021
    Their website is vague...do they only do auto transport? Im interested in flatbed. I'd like to NET $1,500 a week of I'm running otr all 48 and only home once a month. I will run team if I have to. Ideally I'd like to lease purchase a truck and have a co driver also willing to run otr.

5. loudtom

loudtom Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2016
    Team flatbed is hard for the average company to do properly. If it's spot market freight, it's not steady at all. A lot of the freight is not really time sensitive, and the shipping and receiving hours at most customers is like 7-3. We might do one team flatbed load a week, then the rest are FCFS loads that we try to get in early. There is a bit more deadheading to team loads, which is not good for the driver if the company pays by the loaded mile.

Lease purchases are not typically ideal for team operations. It's going to depend on your contract, but a lot of carriers want to have complete control of how you operate. We considered a lease program when we worked with a company, and they had a surcharge if the truck ran over a certain amount of miles in a week. They don't want their trucks to get worn down early and turned back in. Plus, a lot of their revenue comes from the fixed costs they charge you. If two people are driving the truck, they're only getting monthly fixed costs for one.

asphaltreptile311 and H3R3T1C Thank this.
  6. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    What do you have for a drive partner?
    That can make a difference.

7. stwik

stwik Road Train Member

Oct 8, 2017
    USA USA USA!!!
    Smokey Point out of Arlington Washington runs teams.

cke and Speed_Drums Thank this.
  8. kylefitzy

kylefitzy Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    Like he said. We have about 30 (I think) teams. Mostly on dedicated lanes but we do have some that bounce around as needed.

where you do live? Fill free to PM me if you’d like, I’ve been here 7 years and I’m happy. We also have a very good pay program if your a runner. Over 9900 miles pays $1 per mile, that’s the short version, it’s a bit more complicated then that.

we also have a $5k per driver sign on bonus/ referral bonus right now. Basically each driver and the person that refers a driver gets an extra $500 per month for the first 10 months.

cke and Speed_Drums Thank this.
  9. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
  10. H3R3T1C

H3R3T1C "Question Everything"

Oct 4, 2013
    Why do you want to run teams if I may ask?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.