I assume you want our opinions here.

Discussion in 'Crete' started by Tip, Jun 14, 2006.

1. BettyAnn

BettyAnn BANNED - Recruiting

Dec 2, 2006
    Hi, No they don't do sign on bonuses since they start you out with better then most companies pay rate.

And they pay practical miles so they don't cheat you on your miles.

hope this helps:smt040
    BettyAnn

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. iiime

iiime Bobtail Member

Dec 13, 2006
    Thanks for the info BettyAnn... How many recruiters does Crete have working there? Maybe you will be the I talk with...

4. BettyAnn

BettyAnn BANNED - Recruiting

Dec 2, 2006
    I happen to think its great to see a DAC report on a company you might not otherwise know about.

THanks
    BettyAnn

5. bobbyw

bobbyw Light Load Member

Oct 20, 2006
    Orlando Florida
    is Crete hiring school grads out of Central Fl I guess that would be there Deland Terminal and what kind of home time would be expected merry christmas

6. LaPurr

LaPurr Light Load Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    I am not sure if this is a good or bad thing. I see a recruiter here for crete, and the only one I have found so far. I am sure she/he is here to defend the company, and talk up about it. Just not sure the intentions are in the right area. "cant talk about it here, email me" about a prospective new hire? That tells me that the company has dark secrets. I Wish the recruiters would get the permission they need to talk to the drivers OPENLY about the company, what they have to offer, and what is bad/good about the company. Every company out here had bad things about them. And if you cant be honest enuf to tell a prospective new hire about the good AND bad, then you are setting up that new hire for failure.

For example:
    The good: Good freight, lots of miles, strict logging procedures, etc.

The bad: To cheap to buy APU's, slow trucks, member of the ATA, etc.

Just a thought anyways...

7. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    If you go with Crete, I think you'll be alright. However, about a year ago a CCC driver had an accident in Florida which killed seven people, and all were young. I've heard the DOT has been dogging them since then, and that company is now in sort of a "panic mode". They were good when I worked for them in 2002. I will say that much. I'd take a chance on them again. They were light years ahead of my first company, the POS company known as Swift Transportation.

8. skullitor

skullitor Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2005
    New England
    Crete is as good as any carrier today.Better than many though.

9. Hill-a-billy

Hill-a-billy Light Load Member

Jun 3, 2007
    South Carolina
    She was being polite. Your not allowed to recruit drivers on the boards.:biggrin_255:

10. MedicineMan

MedicineMan Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    SHe has never hidden what she does. I don't mind having recruiters around as long as they disclose. She cant answer things here because it is against forum rules, not crete rules.

Personally I think wise one should set up a section just for recruiters to recruit. That way us drivers with more knowledge and experience and openly see what they ar telling the newbies and can call them out on any lies. could even be a source of revenue for the board

11. LaPurr

LaPurr Light Load Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    I like that idea..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.