I believe i made a mistake

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Gunner75, May 13, 2016.

1. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    I tend to run 2 weeks out then home for a reset, i think for the time being till i get something lined up, I'll tell her i need to go home each weekend. My pay will suffer, but i think that's best incase he decides to act like a child and force me to park. If it comes down to it, I'll throw in some fuel to get me home then park the truck at one of the truck stops on i75 exit 99 or up in Wapakoneta at the ta

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    That's all you can do.

4. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    But before you leave
    ... Ask him flat out why the rates were hidden from you
    Just to see what kind of reaction he has or lame excuse

5. Gunner75

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    I think i already have my answer, but I will be sure to ask that

6. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    Just out of curiosity, are you still doing flatbed?

7. Gunner75

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    Not with this guy. He made an offer to eventually get into flatbed, but I am thinking it was all talk.

8. S M D

S M D Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2012
    sacramento ca
    Anyone who blaacks out anything money wise is a theif.

9. Donnie1962

Donnie1962 Bobtail Member

Apr 10, 2016
    Don't walk away, Bro... Run...

TequilaSunrise Thanks this.
  10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Fuel is life. Being stranded without fuel is not acceptable.

Also information regarding the revenue to the truck? Blacked out? You did say you are in touch with brokers too? Surely you can learn what the rate for the load to calculate properly your gross pay before deductions.

I would look into that more carefully, Dept of Labor if not the IRS might have something to say when it's time to look at back wages not paid potentially and taxes not paid maybe. Trust has to be a two way street. If I gave you a 18 wheeler to haul loads you will know the rates for that load too. It's not a state secret.

Be very careful about quitting under load. In my day you could do it. But today it's not a good idea. In fact if you cannot get fuel to move the truck and actually DELIVER the load wherever you are... you cannot be expected to dig deep and spend the 500 dollars to fill the rig yourself. That is not what you do as a company driver.

Out of fuel introduces bigger problems. Your two or three fuel filters on the left side of the engine cannot run dry or get bubbles into them from being low or out of fuel It's incredibly expensive to replace them compared to simply keeping the fuel in the tank.

Comcheck is ok, it's a recognized industry standard for moving money to pay fuel etc. But behind every comcheck is actual money coming out of your boss's pocket one way or another. I prefer fuel accounts much better where I can put the rig into any major truckstop with the fuel card and fill it. The Boss can worry about the fuel bill.

Going back to my fear about quitting under a load these days. People arrest you for that. That is something you don't want in life as it is having to sit in jail for potentially being a felon for something you did on a spur of a moment.

IF your tanks are empty and you are still loaded. Stay put. Your boss is ultimately the one responsible for filling those tanks and getting that contract fulfilled.

Also....

The fact that the boss went through a divorce with the assets divided equally, I find it hard to believe that he would be ordered to divide up a incorperated and established trucking company for personal liabilities like paying the exwife. He did incorperate the company and all assets (Trucks etc) with same right?

If the wife cannot get you information you need to know going back to your pay information to make sure you are both being paid correctly and also for taxes purposes, Im gone. I demand that trust and information flow both ways like a two way street. You will not get me to blindly run around just on no paychecks or incorrect pay. Seriously not knowing what the truck makes that week is a serious problem to me. I have never not in some way discovered what the load paid the truck.

Again, be cautious about changing jobs, do it quickly and hope you get out of there before it bites you royally. I see nothing but trouble here.

TST65 and MidWest_MacDaddy Thank this.
  11. kbill1955

kbill1955 Bobtail Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Fort Lupton Colorado
    I drove for a big company (heavy haul) in the 1970 to 1980's then walked away for some time. When I got back in it I had to drive for Swift for a couple years, then went with a small company. While at Swift, there were weeks I sat for quite a while. The last DM I had took the best producing fleet in Denver and turned it into the lowest in 2 months. One month I sat over 200 hours that I could have drove!
    The Mom/Pop companies are a risk, but I found a good one that ran between Denver and LA. Was making $1500.00 to $1800.00 a week clear. Not all small companies are bad. I hope this experience won't discourage you. There are a lot of trucking companies out there that are crying for good drivers. Far too many to put up with the kind of crap you are going through. I was valued in the small company because I kept the wheels turning.
    Good luck, and smiles!
    Bill

Dark_Majesty_06 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.