I believe i made a mistake

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Gunner75, May 13, 2016.

1. rda2580

rda2580 Heavy Load Member

Feb 22, 2012
    Lower Michigan
    Unless your married to his Daughter I'd be taking care of your family first! Probably won't get that last check either. Think there's plenty of threads like that here!
    Will be waiting the hear how this one goes!

Toomanybikes and Gunner75 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Good luck, wherever you land.!

I worked for an O/O, who had probably a dozen tractors, and 20-25 flatbeds. The rates the truck made were on the bills that we received from the shippers, I could figure my 30% from there.

MidWest_MacDaddy Thanks this.
  4. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    @Gunner75 if you live in Ohio or around that area and looking for a good company look athttp://www.kellerlogistics.com/drivers/

With 2 years experience they pay $1,000 a week, guaranteed. If you drive more then 2,500 miles a week they pay 43 CPM once you pass 2,500 miles. Less then 2 years they guarantee $800-$900. Home 3 out of 4 weekends. If they don't get you home on the weekend they pay $100 weekend layover pay. If they don't get you home 2 weekends in a row. Like me this is my second working weekend. They pay $200 weekend layover

x1Heavy, Lonesome and Gunner75 Thank this.
  5. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    Ill have to check into them. Defiance is a couple hour drive north from me but Ive seen their trucks around. I see they are are dry van outfit, I think im going to go back over to flatbed, the guy im currently with left a really bad taste with me in dry van. The wait times are horribly worse than I ever dealt with any of my flatbed exploits. But thank you for the link, ill definitely look at them

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  6. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    An Oil leak if found during a DOT inspection could result in violations therefor points added to his CSA score so ya that's an issue that needs fixed now.
    And

Ya repairs aren't cheap.
    If the owner of the truck doesn't have a bankroll to cover unforeseen expenses he should have waited to purchase this truck until he does.

Gunner75, drvrtech77 and Lonesome Thank this.
  7. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    This is the oil leak that was left in my drive way 2 weeks ago, truck sat for a total of 72 hours and was running for less that 2 while we worked on it. I would s say that's a significant leak bring that it goes through a gallon a week

Attached Files:

HalpinUout and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  8. Florida Playboy

Florida Playboy Road Train Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Florida
    How is quitting under a load a crime? Bad business practice, yes, but a criminal offense?

HalpinUout Thanks this.
  9. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Yes absolutely a criminal offense if the company chooses to press charges after recovering the rig and load.

There are loads in values well in excess of 100K and a number of them exceed 500K and a few one million dollars or more. Leaving a trailer filled with McKesson Narcotics billed to hospitals in a multistate region is something that will get you arrested because if the bad guys locate the abandoned trailer before your former company does there is going to be hell to pay.

Ive left a truck a time or two in my day, usually called it unauthorized use. And under the State Criminal Code if the company chose again to prosecute, it is a valid crime with it's penal code. And that is just a start.

You would consider holding a load hostage until they paid you. That too is a crime.

And any number of other possibilities in the realm of a disgrungled employee versus company while still under a load.

Remember we are moving and seeing a time in which now the company will press charges, get you arrested and ensure that your time on the road is over. If prision does not deal with you first by taking out however many years left in your life span.

Companies are getting really hard. And so the driver must be warned ahead of time before they do something foolish and unprofessional what is what. Ive been lucky. I once shut down a 3 million dollar assembly plant a few days decades ago. Over what? A missing paycheck on which bills have to be paid. Believe you me when I say they found the money later that day but the quitting was done and they had to dispatch a driver to get the trailer and another driver to my state to recover my bobtail.

You can be arrested for theft of bobtail too. If the company chooses to. They don't even have to do anything. The Law will run you down via qualcomm and haul you out of teh cab.

This is the dividing line between myself and the new generation just coming out of school. The things that I might or might not have done or talked about will not be the things allowed today with anyone in the current industry thinking. It's not going to be tolerated.

10. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    This is lunch counter chatter.

11. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Lunch counter chatter?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...ad-mont-truck-stop-captured-article-1.1954977

http://missoulian.com/news/local/id...cle_356ac5a0-45f6-11e4-84d9-eb2577454e61.html

That is just a start. There are approximately 150,000 results in google related to companies charging drivers with a crime.

I don't mind sharing stories, But when you consider lunch counter chatter is disrespectful and does a disservice to many drivers who may not realize what a problem abandonment has become and what could be a result of that action should they be stupid to do so.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.