I believe i made a mistake

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Gunner75, May 13, 2016.

1. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Ok and both of those links clearly state no charges will be filed on the driver.

It's a civil matter not a criminal matter.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. vangtransport

vangtransport Heavy Load Member

Apr 14, 2009
    It's not against the law to quit as long as you don't do what he did. If you call and quit, obviously you can't take the truck and do what you want with it, and you can't just abandon it anywhere. You call and quit and ask them where they want you to leave the truck, within reason. The article states, "Hall used the semi truck to evade his bosses after demanding a ransom in exchange to the shipment's delivery to Washington state from Arkansas." So after the point that he quit is where the crime took place, not the act of quitting!!

4. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Not yet. The article also states that he COULD BE charged with vehicle theft. And given his past history in the pokey I wouldn't be surprised if he does gets charged with GTA-which is almost always a criminal matter.

5. HalpinUout

Oct 2, 2011
    Find that article that says chargers were brought against him.

It's a civil matter.

6. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Cheaper to rent a car to get home than to fuel a truck to get home. I would suggest you travel light. Only carry what you can pack in a big duffel bag.

Side note, you are smarter than this. You know this is a not the outfit you want to be associated with.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  7. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    And like I said-NOT YET,as in they're still probably deciding on how to go forward on the issue. Technically,he was still ON PAROLE when this issue came to light.

8. HalpinUout

Oct 2, 2011
    Ok I can read.

The article was from 2014...

Still deciding?

9. spyder7723

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl

Everything else you've said is reason to not work with this company. But these 2..no. a gallon a week of oil is not a safety related concern. Nor air leaks, unless so bad to get the truck failed by dot. Do your post trip properly and if the air leak fails, then refuse to drive until its fixed. Isnt it 3 pounds in 1 minute?

10. spyder7723

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Quote one case of a driver quitting under load and being prosecuted and i will buy you a steak dinner. Stealing the load yes. But quitting and informing the company where the truck and trailer is? No. Unless it's hazmat or you left the truck sitting on a rail road track it isn't illegal to quit your job at any time.

Edit to add. Both of those links reference the same driver abandoning a load and trying to ransom it for money. It also says the reefer ran for several weeks before running or of fuel. The only way that happened is if he refused to tell them where the equipment was. That whole ransom thing is not the same as quitting your job under a load and telling your boss where you parked the truck. Just a tiny bit different don't ya think?

Last edited: May 15, 2016
  11. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    I was under the impression an oil leak is an out of service offense. and the air leaks ive dealt with recently were extremely bad and he had bandaide fixes done. Like the air dryer had an audible leak, he bypassed it. That fixed that one, but then there wasnt a cut out on the air compressor, he used the pop off on the tanks, which after a week caused the pop off to get worn out and caused a severe leak and had me on the side of the road. Ive attempted to strong arm him into fixing all the issues, but he will fix the major issues and waits to fix the rest. Like the country horn doesnt work, he refuses to fix it. Yeah its not an out of service issue, but if inspected. It will just go on mine and his CSA. Christ he didnt even verify my work history, just took my issue date on my license, then checked my PSP. Thats it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.