I can not believe what flatbed loads are being offerd for!!!

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by BAYOU, Jul 3, 2012.

1. BAYOU

BAYOU Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Beaumont,Tx
    I have been home a week now everyload I call on they are around the $1.50-$1.65 a mile I'm giving them my price and if they don't hang up on me they say they move these every day for that price. I just don't understand it my cost is almost that why is freight so cheap this time of year I'm usually make #### good money but this year is not like that!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bighaulc-15

bighaulc-15 Light Load Member

Apr 24, 2012
    new albany IN
    1.65 a mile is ok unless our runnning around the corner no?

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  4. Ex88m/Het

Ex88m/Het Light Load Member

Jan 30, 2012
    NC
  5. bighaulc-15

bighaulc-15 Light Load Member

Apr 24, 2012
    new albany IN
    see thats why i asked

NotANumber Thanks this.
  6. HARMONFREIGHT

HARMONFREIGHT Bobtail Member

Jun 30, 2012
    Brokers have those rates because there are drivers moving freight that cheap. U got guys out there with High overhead they got big truck notes and trailer payments and they will haul anything to cover them truck and trailer notes. Then also u got brokers that all their freight is cheap no matter what.

7. aiwiron

aiwiron Road Train Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Sunny Tampa Florida
    We have to blame ourselves, between people too lazy to form a relationship with shippers or others who care less what it takes to move.

I just turned down two loads for they were way to under, let it sit for a couple days and see how they feel on Friday.

hrdman2luv and rockyroad74 Thank this.
  8. HARMONFREIGHT

Jun 30, 2012
    I agree. Some brokers act like I'm crazy when I ask for more money. But after a few days of the load sitting there sometime they will decide to cough up some money to get the load moved.

9. aiwiron

aiwiron Road Train Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Sunny Tampa Florida
    Yep,

I noticed three loads going to BFE, no loads out at all so I told them bring up the rate or no is my answer. So you know if this is cheap in and no outs no one will dare take it,,,, unless the are stupid.

FREEBRD Thanks this.
  10. BAYOU

BAYOU Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Beaumont,Tx
    I just don't get it loads that I call about less then a hour later is gone and if they didn't come up on price why would they do it for anyone else
    Its like nomatter what I say don't matter after 10 years I figured people would be willing to load me before some newbe that just got out of truck driving school or that can't speck English but price wins over anything
    This is also why I'm thinking about going to lease to large carrier Landstar, Mercer, and universal am cam drivers don't haul $1.50 a mile tarp loads and on top don't have to worry about getting paid!!

whoopNride Thanks this.
  11. HARMONFREIGHT

Jun 30, 2012
    Why don't you get hooked up with some of that oil field freight? I guess u live in Beaumont?? There has been time I bring a load out to Houston and work all week an never leave the state and make good money doing it. But I was talking to a broker I use a lot the other day and they said they have noticed rates going down over the past few weeks. I think it's because of the holiday in the middle of the week by this time next week we will know if that is the case.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.