I can't believe the bad deals this company offers!

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Bean Jr., Mar 15, 2018.

1. Justrucking2

Justrucking2 Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI
    You are spot on regarding repairs. Personally, I could not survive on $2000 a week net. Right now, truck is in the driveway, air compressor failed, took out power steering pump, air dryer everything with an o-ring and or a gasket or grommet. Called a few shops, 2 weeks or more out to get in. Of the five shops I called, two said they did not have any qualified mechanics to install an air compressor on an ISX. I about fell over at that one...

Anyways, fighting the cold, 20* weather, snow and rain, and two days in the fifties, ordering parts, finding other issues, etc. The bill is at $4,400 in parts alone. I did quite a bit, painting involved too, as I am not putting raw parts on and reshot the block, well, entire driver side of the motor.

I can say from experience, you are either all in or you are not, just make sure you have the income coming in to support your habit. I would say the only good thing the op has going for him is owning that non EPA truck.

Frank Speak Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bean Jr.

Bean Jr. Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2014
    It's hard to feel sorry for them.

4. rulonwaholla

rulonwaholla Light Load Member

Nov 6, 2013
    it all depends where you live. i live in the north east i avg easy 7k M-F reefer and all i do is NY-PA and i pass threw my house almost all the time

Bean Jr. and Justrucking2 Thank this.
  5. Justrucking2

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI
    Same here, and I don't even go that far. Just putz around the neighborhood.

rulonwaholla Thanks this.
  6. rulonwaholla

rulonwaholla Light Load Member

Nov 6, 2013
    yeah you need too move where is a prime area of products and PA is on of the states that is very prime. so i bought a house and i could park my Truck and trailer on the side of that house. if i work M-S i could easly do 9K a week. a great advice i will say is try too talk to does small companys you pick up and try too go threw them instead of brokers. i did that and right now im hauling a load for 2.2k for 300 miles into brooklyn NY not
    bad right. same day delivery

Frank Speak and Justrucking2 Thank this.
  7. Justrucking2

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI
    Location, location, location. Enough said. ;-)

Bean Jr. and Frank Speak Thank this.
  8. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    Location is everything in this business if you're an O/O. I'm in northern California and with a reefer you can haul high end loads of chilled wine a few hundred miles up the coast into Oregon/Washington for 4-6k one way, then do the same for the back load. Late summer you get loads of seasonal produce to Colorado and other western states for as much as 10k per load. It's just a matter of knowing where the best opportunities are and knowing the right people.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  9. Mattflexreed

Mattflexreed Bobtail Member

Jul 9, 2018
    Orland Ca
    What company are you a part of. I'm right next to the I5 and looking for good paying cdl companies that will pay for my training

10. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    Company drivers can't make that kind of money, the trucking company does or owner operators can if they know what they're doing. There are lots of companies you can work for living near the 5, but don't expect to make much the first couple years of driving, especially if you want that company to pay for your training too.

11. Mattflexreed

Mattflexreed Bobtail Member

Jul 9, 2018
    Orland Ca
    So what are some good companies that pay for your cdl and have good home time near I5. I'm right next to Chico, Ca

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.