I dont think Gordon is a safe place for female drivers

Discussion in 'Gordon' started by mw40, Mar 31, 2012.

1. mw40

mw40 Bobtail Member

Mar 31, 2012
    Portland, OR
    I worked for Gordon for six months and had few complaints other than truck always being in the shop; however, after I made an HR complaint about the maintenance shop, I picked up my truck from the shop, and got a half hour away, where I lost all air pressure. The repair person informed me that my air line had been "unscrewed at the compressor". I shudder to think of what might have happened. I quit immediately. I don't think Gordon is a safe place for females to work as drivers. :-/

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bill104

Bill104 <b>Pepsiholic</b>

Dec 27, 2011
    Sacramento,Ca
    Or it could have been a honest misstake I've had maintenance done and the goof ball forgot to finish the job including not adding oil after a oil change, luckily I checked it before moving it.

4. mw40

mw40 Bobtail Member

Mar 31, 2012
    Portland, OR
    I should have mentioned that my truck was in shop for headlight repair, so the air compressor was not involved.

5. the gambler

the gambler Medium Load Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Kentucky
    What does it have to do with you being female?

6. Bill104

Dec 27, 2011
    Sacramento,Ca
    So how do you know it was was done by a maintenance guy did you tick one off? Things can also vibrate apart, lots of shacking under them hoods, I say this cause it would be stupid for a person to mess with something like that, it would be there job or worse if it caused a wreck or someone's death,.

7. Bill104

Dec 27, 2011
    Sacramento,Ca
    Gambler I was sorta wondering that myself almost sounds like spmeones using the female thing as a reason, sorta like another group I know of, thats why I was asking the questions, heck that vary thing could happen to a male driver if he acted like a jerk to maintenance, but even then I don't see that happening.

8. Everett

Everett Crusty Shorts, What???

Oct 20, 2009
    Hampton,Ia
    thats why i always do a through inspection before i leave the yard, i crawl under there with my flashlight look around , just like a o/o does too his own truck, the shop said i was too picky on things i checked, but i learn from dot too check what needs too be checked , ussally once out the shop , it would take me a hour too go from bumper too the fith wheel checking everything, like one time i found long screwdriver in the cowl, hate too think of that puppy came flying out and hit the driver windsheild, and guess what it would be my fault and a preventable too ,on my record for not doing a proper pre trip :biggrin_25513::biggrin_25510: so it dosnt matter if your male or female its happens too all of us at one time or anthor:biggrin_25524:

Bill104 and Working Class Patriot Thank this.
  9. RAGE 18

RAGE 18 Road Train Member

Jan 31, 2011
    GOLD£N&#9734;STAT£
    i find it hard to believe u crawl under ur truck with a flashlight.

10. RAGE 18

RAGE 18 Road Train Member

Jan 31, 2011
    GOLD£N&#9734;STAT£
    Being a woman has nothing to do with this incident roll with the punches girl stop being so sensitive and drive. They didnt catch it so what u were safe right? nobody got hurt right? u do know that trucking is one of the top 10 deadliest proffessions next to crabfishing in the barren sea right? Put ur big girl pants on and keep trucking driver that money aint gonna make it self.

11. coldhardsteel

coldhardsteel Bobtail Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Modesto, ca
    the maintenance shops are suppose to do checks your mileage to see if there anything that needs replacing or has recall on it, I know this for a fact because I went in def one time and they said that my radiator coolant filter had to be change because of a recall. so you might have gone in for a headlight fix, and they could have put oil in your compressor too.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.