I dont think Gordon is a safe place for female drivers

Discussion in 'Gordon' started by mw40, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Victor_V

Victor_V Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2008
    Spencer, Indiana
    Yeah, I also don't hesitate to get onto a creeper and slide under my truck, adjust my own brakes. I wrote up the lead mechanic three times at a mail hauler for USPS; had an 86% maintenance score (big intervention target). Didn't matter the problem, the answer was always, "There's nothing wrong with that truck!" The trucks were ill-maintained garbage.

This is crap all drivers deal with, not just women. Women are, in general, not well represented in trucking. The more women get involved, trucking will improve IMO. Now, most wherever you go you'll find overweight, toothless truck drivers who make it sound like in their spare time they solve the crisis in Syria and all other manner of socio-political global issues and still manage to drive a truck, why I don't know when their skills are so badly needed elsewhere. They could just move on, solve the world's problems and let a few more women drive truck for my money.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cmajewsk

cmajewsk Bobtail Member

Jun 16, 2013
    southeast
    lol i wasnt trying to make it sexist just adding my own experiences in there and yes one day i had my sister in law with me in the truck and another driver actually had the gall to ask if i was the Man in the relationship, i laughed at him and politlely told him she was my sister but after that my sister in law sstill calls me the MAN lol. I have a good sense of humor and an outlook on life. all i was saying was that we were not there at that time. There are some crazy people out there and I have personally seen a few in my lifetime and in my career i had to put a four wheeler in the medium once for my own safety!! after fighting with him for 40 miles and calling on channel 9 for help with no reply so I called my boss and he said put him in the medium

4. Smaggs

Smaggs Pie Crust

Apr 12, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    That's cool, but why not just continue on and ignore the four wheeler? I've had some pull some crazy stuff on me, but I hold my ground and drive safely. Either get off the road and let them go or head to a safe haven and get help.

I wouldn't recommend putting someone in a medium or ditch and then post it on here.

Couldn't you have driven to a truck stop and radioed for help? How about flashing lights and using your air horn to attract the attention of a LEO?

5. Victor_V

Dec 15, 2008
    Spencer, Indiana
    Hey! It's a median, not a 'medium', you two. Sheesh!

I have lots of things I've only done one time and would never do again--ah, hopefully.

6. Smaggs

Smaggs Pie Crust

Apr 12, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I know it's a median. Shoulder is the outside of the road, median is the inside... where we are told to push four wheelers.

7. cmajewsk

cmajewsk Bobtail Member

Jun 16, 2013
    southeast
    sorry my mistake *median as for the four wheeler the guy was masturbating four 40 miles and watching me and i tried calling out for help with no reply and 911 was busy so I called my boss he told me to do it, first time I ever ran into it. as for ignoring him I did until he started to become a hazard to myself and others. what would you have done differently, I mean I did admire the guy for his staying power.

Victor_V Thanks this.
  8. Victor_V

Dec 15, 2008
    Spencer, Indiana
    Well, maybe he was a medium after all... :)

9. cmajewsk

cmajewsk Bobtail Member

Jun 16, 2013
    southeast
    A woman will never tell:biggrin_2555:

10. Smaggs

Smaggs Pie Crust

Apr 12, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    On a side note, I found a pic shot by my female friend when she was with Gordon. I was with Knight at the time. She never had people showing her their tallywhacker.

Some of you ladies out there have the worst luck. It's really awful that some people choose to do things like that.

I'll tell you, I've seen more than my fair share of dudes showing their junk. Some just do it to ALL of the drivers on a stretch of road. I've seen sights that scare me, arouse me, and just plain disturb me so I can't sleep that night.

270912_463191367044132_337629455_n.jpg

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.