I forgot to warn you......

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Trucking in Tennessee, May 27, 2020.

1. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I thought 5 was an awesome benchmark to achieve.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    Only for Peterbilts with 8 inch stacks.

4. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Lol right . Us open deck guys could only dream of that number

5. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Throughout my career, I did a lot of "bouncing down the same old route" jobs. It's the tradeoff for going home every day. Line haul, dedicated routes, dump trucks ( most loads I did in a day was 27 loads of gravel from one side of the pit to the other, aka, "stockpiling",,,shiver,,at least I got to run a loader) and becomes like a factory job. You put in your 8 hours, and go home to a nice pot roast dinner, newspaper, favorite chair, and do it again the next day. The truck is not your way of life, like in an OTR situation. I had lots of hobbies during my off time, and put up with the repetition of the day( or night) job . It was still fun, unlike say, punching out aluminum screen door handles on a kick press,,not that there's anything wrong with that.

6. 650cat425

650cat425 Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2020
    Pennsyltucky
    Hey now!!!! I got 9.5 bobtailing to Kentucky when I picked up my new trailer!

7. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    Boy do I remember those awful tight older Freightliner and Int'l day cabs we had. I'm totally spoiled in my big cushy Volvo. So much so that I honestly don't know how many RPM's I'm turning at 72, which is about where I keep it most of the time. It's so quiet and smooth I don't think about it.

8. mustang190

mustang190 Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Florida Panhandle
    Those KW daycabs were tight.
    I drive a Mack, it has plenty of room. And power. But this new company castrated it down to 65. Engine cannot run in the sweet spot. But the eggheads think they are saving lives and fuel.

9. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    The old WS cabs were smaller than the 379s. Reach over and roll the window down, duck down and fall into the huge 66 “ sleeper, admire all the space for 60 seconds, and crash out.

201 and singlescrewshaker Thank this.
  10. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    Yeah, it comes out of gear going down every hill. I went through this with a 2016 International. Most companies have stopped doing it. Now it's making a bad vibration out of gear, but with a load it runs fine. Well I am sure it's under warranty. Their problem. Noticed tonight (I drove in the rain down there and back) that the aerodynamics are screwy. The wind blows the water up the window and you have to keep lowering it to clean it off. You wonder if they ever take these things on the road before they sell them.

singlescrewshaker Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.