I hate Tyson, I HATE Tyson, I HATE TYSON!

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by simplyred1962, Jun 20, 2009.

1. simplyred1962

simplyred1962 Betty Boop, One Bodacious Babe!!!

Dispatch sent us to Tyson in Center,Tx yesterday morning for a "hot" load. We get here, drop the trailer, were told they will put it in dock,and be loaded by no later than 2 am.
    Ok, we sit and wait...and wait...finally, go to bed.
    They came pounding on door, FINALLY, at 9 AM. YAY! We can go get something to eat, shower, etc.
    NUH-HUH!! He told us to go get our trailer, and put it in dock....we haven't been loaded yet!?! To top it all off, dispatch is already on our butts about making delivery on time.
    More often than not, something like this happens at every Tyson we load at...FRUSTRATING as all get out, I'm starving by now, and to make matters worse, I am out of cigarettes!
    All in all, not looking to be a good day for hubby! I think I will just hide out here in the sleeper, play on the computer, and try to ignore everything/ everyone....much safer for hubby if I do that!!! :biggrin_2554:
    :yes2557:
    Judi Kay

Texas-Nana and Stacked Passion Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Grouch

Grouch Road Train Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Between here and eternity
    Reminds me of a situation several years ago at Cargill # Mt. Crawford, Va. Now mind you, I am retired and at the time I was working part-time for this small company out of Harrisonburg, Va. Well anyway, got a phone call on a Thur. morning, "hey can you go to Oakland, Ia for a 6am delivery Sat. morning"? I asked when was it loading and the reply, "they are waiting on you right now". So, I got myself in gear and got down to Cargill @1pm Thur. afternoon. Now!!!! At 1am Fri. morning, they had not put one pallet on my trailer. I walked into the shipping office and asked, "hey when you going to get me loaded, I got 1200 miles ahead of me and my appointment is 17 hours from right now". Their reply, "well driver that is your problem". They said the wrong thing to this old man.

I told them that I was about to solve my problem. I went out, unhooked from the trailer, called the owner of the company at home # 1:30am and told him that if he wanted this load in Oakland, Ia he better get his butt out of bed, because I was bob-tailing back to the yard and I was going home.

No more dealing with poultry plants for me.

Sad_Panda Thanks this.
  4. skibum_63

skibum_63 Road Train Member

Oct 12, 2007
    somewhere, USA
    That's about par for Tyson.

5. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    :biggrin_25511:All them meat packing plants are the same. Everyone that works at a meat packing plant/chicken processing plant hate their jobs and the world. They're all located out in the boonies with absolutely no restaurants/stores nearby. They have no consideration whatsoever for truckers. Their security people are rude, their facilities are filthy and stink to high heavens. I'm surprised I even eat steak,burgers and chicken.......:biggrin_25511:

6. kajidono

kajidono Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Streetrat

But it's so #### tasty. :O_o_1PIRATES12:

7. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    is their one of those of route 44 by leesburg fl?

KH

8. MR SLEEPY

MR SLEEPY Bobtail Member

Feb 9, 2007
    I went to a tyson plant in Ind,, and was supposed to be outta there by midnite. it was a kroger run and kroger needed them chickens finally at two am I called Kroger and told them they better put the rush on these people or there chickens were goin to be about ten hours late. told them My 14 hours was about up.. it wasn't but a few minutes and Tyson told me to come hook up to my trailer. Yes these people have no respect for us at all.. good place to stay away from.. ..

9. ship71021

ship71021 Medium Load Member

Nov 7, 2007
    Louisiana
    this reminds me of a load of boxes that i took to a tyson plant just east of vicksburg,ms.I got there about 4 hrs early. It took them jokers 16 hours to unload me.They'll see me no more.

10. onetime42

onetime42 Light Load Member

May 20, 2009
    Mobile, AL
    Sounds like dealing with the chicken idiots is a lot like dealing with the morons in the produce industry. The worst place by far to get a load of produce is in Immokolee, Florida at a place that most know...SIX L's. I have pulled out of there numerous times and have never checked in and backed into a dock right away to get loaded, even though you call them and they tell you "yea, we're waiting on you! The load's been ready!" I was kicked out of there after repeatedly asking security over the radio, "when the hell is my load going to be ready? I've been sitting here for 12 hours!" I then made a comment to them in regards to their company's name and why it's called 'SIX L's'...it's because every time you ask them why you're load isn't ready they give you 6 different #### lies!

11. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    If we weren't meant to eat animals, they wouldn't be made of meat. :biggrin_25525:

panhandlepat Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.