I have a 07' Century C15 Accert with jake issues please help if you can!

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by PhatPhil, Jun 17, 2018.

1. PhatPhil

PhatPhil Bobtail Member

May 1, 2018
    I have a 2007 Century Class S/T with a 435 C15 Accert W/Automated shift Trans. The Jakes were working fine until I discovered a relay at the fuse panel in the dash that was corroded badly by what appeared to be moisture from the A/C vent sweating and it was hot. I started cutting the wires loose one at a time putting new terminal ends on each wire and placing the wire in the proper location on a new relay. jakes have not worked since. I don't know if I have the wrong type of relay, a wire crossed or because I found the Old Relay hot to the touch, if some sort of damage had just occurred resulting in what I origanaly found. Freightliner acts stupid like I have the only truck like this one and can not locate said relay in their books to sell me a replacement to ensure I am using the correct one. I cant find any wiring diagrams that give me any info. i sure hope someone can help. there are 5 wires on the relay, 2 wires were one the same terminal and were put to a new connector as such, that gives me 4 terminals to place on a 5 terminal relay which is what I removed. Sadly I don't have the old relay to get any numbers off of or to use as a comparison. Some one help please! thanks in advance!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.