I have a DD13 that has multiple issues.

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by dsmtnt, Dec 11, 2018.

1. dsmtnt

dsmtnt Bobtail Member

Dec 11, 2018
    Root cause is that the dash is reading 8 volts on the meter. My fuel, and def read low. My Coolant reads low But none of them are low. All three of those sensors read 6 volts. The other odd thing is that the truck will not shut down with the ignition you have to cut the battery power off. I have tried to swap the ignition and also installed a new 120 pin harness.
    Active codes
    Eng 2 001 SPN000625
    Eng 2 001 SPN001231
    Vin 1FUJGBDV2DSFD9335
    Any input would be greatly appreciated!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JohnC123

JohnC123 Light Load Member

Jan 25, 2018
    Whatever "Event" occurred initially you now have a Can-buss issue that involves your Data-link connector, need to identify and verify ALL terminating resistors for your truck, thanks.

dsmtnt Thanks this.
  4. Regen Again?

Regen Again? Bobtail Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Brooklyn, NY
    625 is a CPC or CAN code, the network link not working the way it should
    1231 is a lost ACM message

Were you having ALL of those issues before you swapped the ignition and harness?

I would first check the starting/charging system. If your batteries are in good condition, look for a bad connection, broken wire or bad ground.
    If that checks out fine, make sure that your network harnesses are clean and secure and intact.
    A recent module reflash or reprogramming attempt might also manifest this way, but you'd probably notice that before the laptop was shut off.
    Let us know how you make out.

5. dsmtnt

dsmtnt Bobtail Member

Dec 11, 2018
    Thanks for taking time to answer my question. This issue was present before I attempted to swap the 120pin engine harness (not the ignition harness). I'm going to spend time today looking into the ignition harness and possibly swapping it out. Thank you for your help.

6. ktrucking

ktrucking Bobtail Member

Aug 9, 2018
    I have one for not everyone I DD 15 EGR actuator leaking from the metal hose coming from the actuator going into the engine I replaced the part 3 times does anybody knows why or where is causing the back pressure is coming from or do I need to buy a new actuator that can be the problem? No lights on or anything IMG_0264.jpg IMG_5273.jpg

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.