I have a Dream. Ok maybe a Nitemare.

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by jafo, Apr 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jafo

jafo Bobtail Member

Apr 14, 2007
    Fla soon tobe Redding Ca
    Well First real Post so here goes....

Im in Florida and the wife had to go to California due to Mother. Looks like were going to Redding Ca. She has my Son and one kid and i have the older one whos all honors. Staying in Fl. Due to her school Scolors and my Retirement. Cant retire till Nov. Not much but its something when i hit 62. Im 34 now. And a Fire Rescue Dispatcher now.

So on with the questions. I and a friend of many years think team driving is for us. Hes single BTW. Boath have clean DL. And Criminal. So Govt. Contract Driving is not a issue. DOD or DOE would be fine with us. We almost prefer them.

Anyway we were thinking teaming to do the West to East coast runs. With us keeping the wheel on the truck Rolling 24 hours.

1. If we take a Certified school to get the CDL with Hazmat and Tandem. Will we be wanted by companies or O/O's? I have had a hazmat before.

2. Howmany runs do you thinik we could do in 1 week. kinda looking to be home 2 days a week? We could Run 7 days and be off 2 in Home?

3. How Much weekly Pay do you think we could Pull as Newbie Drivers?

4. know any Northern California Companies?

5. Do you think Were dreaming and should put the crack pipe down?

Thanks for any Info Help or "WHAT ARE YOU NUTS" answers.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY
    DOD or DOE probably will not happen in the first 2 to 5 years of your driving career. Any thing that is very sensitive the companies want to see plenty of experience.

4. jafo

jafo Bobtail Member

Apr 14, 2007
    Fla soon tobe Redding Ca

I was figuring this. I know i can get the Background Clearence on it. Got Up close Personal with AF1 and other High risk Aircraft. Just need the drive time then.

But hey we can figure it to be a goal then :biggrin_255:

Thanks for the reply :biggrin_25514:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.