i have abandoned my truck

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by dhand23, Apr 4, 2016.

1. DoubleO7

DoubleO7 Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Southern Illinois

Maybe I now know what my next trucking career goal is.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Commuter69

Commuter69 Road Train Member

Jul 2, 2014
    I am sure that the larger companies have drivers who ride jump seat with another driver

4. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    One of my trucks at Stevens was one I recovered after it had been abandoned in Indiana by a female team.

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  5. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    But with all the complaints on here about CR England and I mean hundreds of them... Now while some of them might be bogus you cannot discount what is being said about some of these carriers like England if there's this many and in the same general complaint... Also when a carrier gets sued as much as CR England has that pretty much says it all

6. 28

28 Medium Load Member

Sep 17, 2015
    Can't imagine anyone holding it against you for leaving this outfit.
    Their reputation as being one of the worst companies on Earth precedes them.

NavigatorWife, drvrtech77 and DoubleO7 Thank this.
  7. truckbuddha

truckbuddha Medium Load Member

Nov 26, 2012
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Recovery is an expense they can also bill or sue you for, and put it against your credit score/rating. I would do what some one else suggested, try and see if you can compromise with CRE and take the trk back to Utah, then catch a plane back to home. Your future can be ruined by a bad DAC. Its true, a lot of these small trucking jobs will hire almost anyone. But then consider, if their turn over is that high, what makes you think you'll have any more luck with that small company, than the last 100 or so drivers they hired and then quit?
    I tried a local job driving a dump truck for a landscaping company. It was ok for the first few days, then it was a rainy day, I showed up to work, and they asked me "what are you doing here?" They don't work on bad weather rainy days, I decided that job was nonsense and found another. You may not think that in a few yrs, even in the way distant future you'll even be in need of anykind of trk'g job you can get, even with a mega carrier, but honestly, they day will come. Just as it has for the rest of us.

Good luck

8. truckbuddha

truckbuddha Medium Load Member

Nov 26, 2012
    Salt Lake City, UT
    p.s. I forgot to add, they can charge you as some companies do, up to $3/mi or more to get that trk back to Utah. just fyi

9. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
  10. Canned Spam

Canned Spam Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2010
    STL
    I had a similar story, many years back, when I started driving for USA Truck. Left the truck and trailer in somebody's back yard while they built a dock to off load the trailer. Told them I was gonna walk to the gas station up the road, but just decided to keep going ha. Working there was the worst experience of my life. I can definitely understand where the op is coming from

Derailed and Jonkie Thank this.
  11. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    I have seen several posts here that seems to imply it is OK to abandon CR England's trucks because they are an evil company. Nothing is further from the truth. It is not OK! If you drive for them and are not happy then quit. Nobody will hold quitting a company like that against you. I was raised to believe two wrongs don't make a right. Give them a notice and ask where they want the tractor left. I refuse to believe a carrier will place an abandonment notation on DAC as long as you leave truck in a terminal. I am getting out of this thread because I think everything has been covered and any further comments by me are just beating an already dead horse.

Keith48 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.