I have arrived!

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by WesternPlains, Mar 16, 2018.

1. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    B5AEDC9B-88CF-4BF7-BBBB-C43DCCD4ADE9.jpeg 3CF4986A-AB2E-4DC0-8DD1-E449963A2975.jpeg I am so cool now.
    I’m a real Trucker now!
    I have arrived!
    Swift backed into my truck at the truck stop!
    Yes!

misterG, austinmike, Woodys and 6 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Woodchuck88

Woodchuck88 Medium Load Member

Jan 4, 2017
    New York
    Did you watch it happen or were you sleeping? I used to either get out and help or I’d just blow my horn when they got to close, but hey swifty has good insurance.

snowlauncher and WesternPlains Thank this.
  4. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    I don't believe you, Swift would of caused way more damage than that!!!! ;-)

5. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Now ask yourself. Is there anything you would have done different knowing what you know now? (as far as how you were parked inside the space. where you parked. What you did do. what you did not do. etc)

It's a crap shoot lots of time, however, there sometimes are things you can do to minimize your risks or increases your risks. You learn these over time

misterG, Dan.S and WesternPlains Thank this.
  6. Woodchuck88

Woodchuck88 Medium Load Member

Jan 4, 2017
    New York
    You can’t possibly predict swift is going to park next to you. If your between the lines you did your job as far as I’m concerned.

7. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    Drive at night then park by ur self when you go offline during the day.

8. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    This is my point. There may have been another spot where anybody else would have had an easier time parking next to you. Or maybe you parked in an easy spot .. right next to a hard spot. Or maybe you were real close to the line on one side. Or maybe you were kind of situated in the space at an angle. Sometimes drivers can create their own "bad luck" either out of laziness or lack of experience.

Dan.S, Truckermania and WesternPlains Thank this.
  9. danny23tx

danny23tx Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2016
    Austin,Tx
    Wear like a badge of honor , kinda like a battle scar . One day you will tell your grand kids of those scars you received in the Battle of the pee puddle in a distant land at the hands of Swift .

10. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    That's fine, but does not mitigate the fact everybody has to park in a truck stop at various times of the day like post-fueling or doing a half hour break or whatever, and it may or may not be busy at any given time of the day.

Small truck stops in busy areas can be 90+% occupied 24/7. Hence my original question, maybe you should have parked at another truck stop or another rest area, or whatever. I don't know what the situation was, I'm just saying, sometimes there are things you can do to either minimize or raise your risk factor, and they're usually "little things"

Dan.S and WesternPlains Thank this.
  11. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    Or when there's 3 open spots and a driver parks in the middle slot first.

Dan.S and WesternPlains Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.