I have read about the false reporting on DAC thought this might help someone

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Big Papaxx, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Big Papaxx

Big Papaxx Medium Load Member

Oct 9, 2015
    Chicago, Los Angeles
    [​IMG]
    WHY DACfix?
    We are consumer advocates for the professional driver: We offer full service Job History Cleanup for individual commercial drivers.

[​IMG]
    DRIVER TESTIMONIES
    Paul M.
    “I am glad there is some advocacy out there for us because it sure seems like a one way street.”

[​IMG]
    SERVICES
    Our services include obtaining, review and cleanup of professional CDL driver DAC Reports. We work to remove negative information such as accidents, terminations and failed drug tests.

• America’s most experienced DAC repair resource
    • We work on all negative items for a flat fee of $349
    • A para-legal works on your case!
    • We will pull your report, take your statement and manage your dispure from start to finish.
    • We have a high average removal rate of 70%.
    • We also help improve CSA scores

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    It's just a shame that a company like this even needs to exist. But bless their hearts if they can GUARANTEE results for the money spent.
    I fought mine on my own for free, and it took a LONG time...but I eventually won.

4. Big Papaxx

Oct 9, 2015
    Chicago, Los Angeles
    Agree it is a shame.. I have also seen a law firm in California that is looking into the viability of a Class Action suit brought against DAC/ Hire Right.. I know that in 2009 Hire Right paid a 2.6 million dollar judgment.. I just heard yesterday about a defamation case that is being filed against 1 of the Mega carriers hire right and has also named the individuals within the carrier that knowingly generated the false report.. What they reported was that this person violated company policy and was not eligible for re-hire.. The false part is the person was never an employee of the carrier. which the carrier has confirmed by sending an email telling her that she cannot list the carrier as a previous employer because she was never and employee of the carrier.. WTF?? How does that make sense?? When she disputed it with hire Right/ Dac she forwarded them that email from the carrier and Hire Right still said they could not take her word for it ... Craziness..

5. Jorihe84

Jorihe84 Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2010
    North Florida
    You can save yourself all that money and contact dac on your own and dispute

These clean up services offer no advantage and don't have any more leverage than you do.

It's a simple process. You disputed the information and provide all the facts you can, they either respond with their rebuttal or don't respond. If they don't respond in 30 days, it gets removed. If they do, dac reviews both sides and makes a determination. Outside of actual evidence like audio, video, picture or statement from a witness, that supports your argument then you will not win any case. You will lose every "he said-she said" argument because the company is the one paying for the dac service. After that, all you get to do is add a limited statement with your side of the story that shows up when someone sees the record for that company.

Save yourself the money and do it yourself. These clean up services offer nothing special.

HalpinUout and sevenmph Thank this.
  6. FozzyNOK

FozzyNOK Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Oklahomistan
    DAC stories and Federal Marshal stories are a lot alike

Cottonmouth85 and joseph1135 Thank this.
  7. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    Agreed. Most companies don't play with DAC. I can't see risking trouble to "screw" one driver.

FozzyNOK Thanks this.
  8. FozzyNOK

Jul 18, 2007
    Oklahomistan
    There is usually always "more to the story"... lots more. Drivers do not consider backing into things, pulling forward into things or getting stuck hub deep and having to get towed out as accidents.. if they had to pay for their damages.. or some driver was doing these things to their property.. their tune would change.

How many drivers would accept another driver backing into their hood or drivers door and just throwing up their hands and saying,,, "well... its not really an accident, that's OK driver, I got this"...

Cottonmouth85 and joseph1135 Thank this.
  9. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    Some don't see crashing into a car or failing a drug test as something that should be reportable either. Lots of entitlement nowadays in trucking.

Urziel, Cottonmouth85 and FozzyNOK Thank this.
  10. FozzyNOK

Jul 18, 2007
    Oklahomistan
    Well... the driver was at some party and three rooms down someone was smoking a joint... they walked past the room to use the restroom.. and inhaled enough to pop hot... and it wasn't his fault that he hit that car.. the car was being driven too slow in that ice storm and he just couldn't stop in time...

Cottonmouth85, HotH2o and joseph1135 Thank this.
  11. Big Papaxx

Oct 9, 2015
    Chicago, Los Angeles
    yes you can dispute the DAC yourself and it does not cost you anything that is true you can also include any documentation that supports your dispute In the case of this young lady she included the email from the carriers in house lawyer stating that she could not list the carrier as a previous employer asshe was never hired by nor was she ever an employee of the carrier. That is the reason for the law suit But in filing the dispute what will happen is that the carrier will be notified that a dispute has been filed, the carrier has 30 days to respond to the dispute. They can respond with any evidence they have or a simple letter. if they fail to reply within 30 days then the dispute will be won and what was disputed will be removed. If they to respond then Hire Right/ DAC will send the driver a letter allowing them to file a rebuttal. In most cases that is the final action and the driver has lost his dispute. The information will remain on the report for what ever duration the law will allow.
    You are also correct that the carriers will and do win every dispute and the reason is because of the money they are paying for the service. As it has been reported in legal documents and as a sales tool for Hire Right/DAC and USIS services an estimated 85-90% of all disputes filed and Investigated are won or found in favor of the Carriers. So the only option is for the driver to pursue legal action... A Vast Majority give up at this point for a variety of reasons but primarily it is the lack of resources and or knowledge of what to do.

I agree a majority of people that have something reported against them have done something wrong and the carriers not only have the right but are obligated by laws rules and regulations to report this information .. But to suggest that the carriers and companies are NOT knowingly reporting false untrue and in many cases illegal information is simply NOT TRUE. The facts are that it is Happening and every year the number of false reports are increasing. while it is absolutely WRONG it is also in many case ILLEGAL for any carrier or company to knowingly report false information about a person. It is equally WRONG for people knowingly to violate laws rules and regulations waste time money and resources of the carriers for there own personal gain at the expense of others...

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.