I have some questions

Discussion in 'Prime' started by killie11, Jun 28, 2008.

1. killie11

killie11 Bobtail Member

Jun 25, 2008
    oakland
    From what i just read, with prime do you have to be a O/O? or can you be a company too. Well if the awnser to the first question is yes then i guess it makes this one irrelivent:biggrin_2559: But do they have a idle policy? Thanks for the help:biggrin_25514:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Big Country

Big Country Light Load Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Strasburg Virginia
    Yes they do have Company Drivers I know they have APUs on their trucks and they do Lease Operators and Owner Operators.

4. pawpaw

pawpaw Medium Load Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Milan, NM
    The other post answered the heart of your query but I notice you say you are a student. Are you attending a truck school at this time? If you are, according to the recruiter I was working with at Prime (have decided for personal reasons, nothing wrong with the company, to go elsewhere for now) they are not accepting "D" seat drivers which are drivers who have attended a school other than their own. If you go to their school and through their training you are fine to go there. Otherwise, you will need to get some OTR experience before they take you. Call them to find out for sure.

5. newbee22

newbee22 Bobtail Member

Sep 22, 2008
    palm coast, FL
    how is this company with there drivers ? and otr times, is it a company to look into?

6. mannmk7

mannmk7 Medium Load Member

May 1, 2008
    AZ
    Can you rephrase this question please?

Also, I have noticed you are going to posts that are months old and asking question were they has not been discussion in months? These posters may or may not get back to you.

I have done some research on this outfit. I never got with them. Go back to the forum called "I'm in Springfield" I wrote a bit on what I feel.

7. newtodriving42

newtodriving42 Bobtail Member

Oct 3, 2008
    miami , fl
    avoid prime , they suck, if you value home time, they don't, if you value getting paid for your driving, they don't!!! if you plan on driving within the dot laws, they do not observe the laws, you will have to do things like memphis to denver in 16 hours, 2,200 miles in 36 hours, i almost fell asleep at the wheel alot trying to meet their insane time tables !!! they do not respect their drivers, anyone going there will see for themselves

8. newtodriving42

newtodriving42 Bobtail Member

Oct 3, 2008
    miami , fl
    avoid them at all cost !!! they are not good with their drivers !!!!!:biggrin_25510:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.