I head out tomorrow.

Discussion in 'Prime' started by _Nvy_, Jun 29, 2009.

1. _Nvy_

_Nvy_ Bobtail Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Well, I head out tomorrow morning round 5am to head for Springfield. Should put me there sometime late afternoon time as I'm not pushing for a certain time, just to make an afternoon appearance sometime. Settle in, sign in & or whatever else needs done the day before I start my initial paperwork,test etc. I'm gonna keep a log of all i do as I'm there, somewhat to the extent that U2 did here in the forums. I enjoy seeing the different aspects of how other drivers (myself included) run through training & the experiences they encounter while in Springfield. Hopefully I'll have a similar (Positive) experience that U2 had "Crossing Fingers", lol.

I gotta say at this point & time the only thing I'm concerned with is whom I will be paired up w/ so far as trainers/Instructors are concerned. It isn't everyday that you gotta put your life in the hands of a total stranger & or to add to that, try & sleep while a total stranger drives the truck. This is one of my only real concerns in all of this but it has to be done so I just hope they give me a somewhat educated person to team up w/ rather than some stinky ole fart who doses while driving.

So anyway, I just wanted to make a final post as I'll be heading out & I haven't a clue of when I'll be in here again for a bit. So take care guys & I'll update as time allows.

panhandlepat, luvtheroad and Baack Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Baack

Baack Road Train Member

May 24, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Good luck NVY
    Keep us updated:yes2557:

halfburn Thanks this.
  4. jbrown

jbrown Light Load Member

Jun 20, 2007
    cullman,al
    good luck nvy i head out for prime next week my orientation is july 8th

Baack Thanks this.
  5. longdayoff

longdayoff Bobtail Member

Sep 15, 2007
    Hubert,nc
    Good luck.... Remember... if you get time for a sit down meal... Take your time and enjoy it.

Baack Thanks this.
  6. jbrown

jbrown Light Load Member

Jun 20, 2007
    cullman,al
    do you run that hard at prime?

7. longdayoff

longdayoff Bobtail Member

Sep 15, 2007
    Hubert,nc
    PRIME? I don't work for Prime

8. Adam491

Adam491 Bobtail Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Keene, NH
    Nvy, I gotta be like a few hundred feet from you right now lol. I am in Springfield too, got here for the June 30th class, gonna earn my CDL. Just got my permit earlier today, havent been in a truck yet, but I think that comes tomorrow, I cant wait! My class is just two people, including me. Everyone else who came in on the 30th already had a CDL. Been an amazing experiance so far, and the Millennium Building is top notch. A very secure place, a feel safe leaving my Audi there while I'm on the road. And yes I hate Greyhound so much I drove here from NH.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.