I leave Schneider ic choice not taking my truck

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by rickybobby, Jul 7, 2018.

1. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    It can be done, just not everyone can do it!

CaptainDaveG Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BIF MALIBU

BIF MALIBU Heavy Load Member

May 21, 2010
    lake cushman wa
    he said he is not taking the truck with him 20180709_133002.jpg

4. CrossettDriver

CrossettDriver Light Load Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Jamestown,NY
    In one of his u tube videos , he said it cost 400$ to replace a passenger side mirror he took off backing into a trailer

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  5. BubbaTrucker

BubbaTrucker "Iam Hanging in there"

Nov 12, 2007
    Pennsylvania

I'm about to go to Schneider next week with the IC program. Been driving 22 years and haven't done a lease. Thought I'd give it a shot cause I always wanted to try it. And you're absolutely right. I haven't even started orientation and I know if you want to be home during the week or every weekend, find a local job. If you want to reset on weekends, stay local. Best longer runs start on Friday to deliver by Monday, also I know recapping hours also helps to a certain extent. Not eating at truck stops helps. Hell dollar store food is great and it's cheap. Raviolis one night, speghetts and meatballs the next night. Tuna sandwich another night, maybe I have a long day and it's ceral the next night. Water instead of soda. My wife shops for my truck when a company driver and I can eat 10 days out for less then 60 bucks.

If they don't do good research they won't make it. And for those considering a jump to a lease program. Here's some advise even though I haven't started one yet....

Before you listen to guys on yiutube about how bad it was, watch the dates on their videos and see how often they were home and how much wastes miney they are spending. And then when .you see videos on ppl saying how great a company is, go onto their account and see how long they were there and quit and then bad mouthed a company.

Then go and watch a video of a older more experienced driver who's there and ask him how long he been there and how he is making it work.

I for one done this with 2 guys on YouTube who been there with Schneider for quite a few years and their videos back it up. I'm greatful to Gary for his advise on Schneider. I value his opinions and can't wait to get started.

Before you go to anyone get more than one opinion, check the dates of the videos, see how long they been there. While most are there they say how great it is then badmouth when they leave. But in between they have videos going home all the time and buying expensive things. When I came across Gary he was the oposiopp of what I was seeing. I took the chance and emailed him and he was kind enough to offer some sound advise... Just my two cents from a guy who did a ton of research on different companies.

And watch out for those drivers who keep saying how great the company is, cause if you look they were gone pretty quick and then 4 videos later they are on a 3rd company since making a video how great the first company is and that's in the time frame of less than a year...

6. BubbaTrucker

BubbaTrucker "Iam Hanging in there"

Nov 12, 2007
    Pennsylvania

If you are with Schneider I'm all ears as to what advise you would have to offer. I been driving for 22 years but still don't know everything and won't ever know anything and when it comes to lease purchase I'm just getting out of school all over again. It's something I need to learn, and I know it'll take time to learn and I know I won't learn everything .. I know I'm not waiting to chase a 3,000 mile load for 1.80 a mile if I can get say 4 loads that will pay mkor during that time frame. I'll take the shorter loads if I can find them than to take 1 load across country . But any advise you like to offer I am all ears and would greatly appreciate it.

7. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    First, don't eat ravioli out of a can.....that's just nasty and unnecessary.
    Second, I think one of the biggest reasons people get in trouble is because they either have too many bills on the front end, or they don't watch their money on the back end.

When I started, my total monthly bills to the house (including child support.....that I no longer pay....yea me) was around $2300 a month. I just deposited the money every week into my checking account, and what was left over after bills and walking around money went to savings. At the end of the first year, I had around $25,000 in savings, (so, roughly $2,000 a month). I paid my taxes, (yes Abe, you HAVE TO PAY TAXES), around $15,000. Second year, rinse and repeat. At the end of my second year, I had enough in my maintenance account and personal savings account to buy out my used truck......around $26,000. After that, life was and is pretty grand. Keep in mind, when I bought out my truck, I gave myself a $52,000 a year raise.....wooooooo.
    I've gone through my first truck, and bought my second outright from a dealer (financed through my local bank.). I'm still doing well after 5 years, and have very, very few complaints about Schneider. This is the best my life and career have ever been.......however, a lot of that has to do with my wife.

Look, anyone can do this.....it's really not hard. Get up every day and do your best. There was a book one time called, "Everything I Ever Needed to Know I Learned In Kindergarten". The author talked about the fundamental things you're taught in kindergarten that will stand you in good stead in adult life.......
    Be kind
    Be on time
    Don't yell
    Have a friend
    Do your best
    Take naps
    Hold hands while crossing the street

Best of luck Bubba. There's a ton of information around here. Take your time and read all you can. Happy trails

8. JOHNQPUBLIC

JOHNQPUBLIC Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    Yeah waaaaay to much sodium. You'll get high blood pressure!

CaptainDaveG Thanks this.
  9. BIF MALIBU

BIF MALIBU Heavy Load Member

May 21, 2010
    lake cushman wa
    must not be enough money there
    target CEO says its the best economy in history
    there are more jobs than workers
    just read on the magnum thread about two young men got the experience quit and got good union jobs with full bennies home takin care of there families every day

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
    Reason for edit: content
  10. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I eat ravioli, chili, vegetables, fruit, and soup out of the can.

11. CaptainDaveG

CaptainDaveG Road Train Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Fremont Wi

Dave your spot on. Load history days worked on time performance etc. what’s the lemon issue? I could only watch 3 spits and I. Was done I did 15 plus months over there as an IC. I made money and back then I lived in Denver. He will never ever own another truck period.

Be Safe Out There

Captain Dave

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.