I love fuel hauling

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by TakinItEasy, Feb 6, 2019.

1. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    If the inoperable tank wasn't marked and wasn't locked I'd say you were in the clear.
    If the station personnel didn't advise you that the tank was inop how were you to know?
    If there wasn't any notation on your dispatch it probably means that your company didn't know either.
    If the tank has to be pumped out it should be at the station owner's expense.

RockinChair and TakinItEasy Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TakinItEasy

TakinItEasy Medium Load Member

Dec 27, 2012
    OKC, OK
    Yup! The head caps on the tank have openings in them to put a lock on them so no one can drop fuel in them without notifying the store for the key at which time they notify you the tank doesn't work. They didn't lock out/tag out part of OSHA law. Tell your company that and refuse to pay!

4. GasHauler

GasHauler Master FMCSA Interpreter

Oct 23, 2005
    Vegas/Jersey
    No way you're at fault.

5. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    All reasons hauling gas sucks ....:)

6. Bolt Thrower

Bolt Thrower Light Load Member

Mar 29, 2019
    Can you be a fuel hauler with less than six months experience as a tanker in the southeast?

7. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Yes, Gemini Transport hires new CDL graduates to haul fuel for Love's Truck Stops.
    [​IMG]

8. Bolt Thrower

Bolt Thrower Light Load Member

Mar 29, 2019
    I just went on their website and it says you need two years verifiable OTR experience. For me I have just under 5 months experience as a tanker. Weather experience other than having every endorsement including hazmat and TWIC

9. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Read the fine print; @Bolt Thrower
    "2 years of verifiable over-the-road driving experience or certification from accredited truck driving academy."

dennisroc Thanks this.
  10. Air Cooled

Air Cooled Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    Baltimore
    I second this and like @Chinatown says, apply and call even if it says X experience required or preferred. It doesn’t hurt to try. Employers like initiative. When I was calling around when I started out one lady laughed in my face when I told her I just got my license. She said “ I GUESS you can apply if you really want to.”

11. TakinItEasy

TakinItEasy Medium Load Member

Dec 27, 2012
    OKC, OK
    So a store I go to frequently has a diesel vent tank that I don't understand. The vent tank doesn't have a spring loaded head on it to attach my fitting. It just has a screw on cap. When you unscrew the cap, it's just a piece of pipe with thread on it. I have nothing I can attach to it to run my vapor line, am I supposed to just let it vent into the air? Or leave the cap tightened on it and unload?

I first started unloading with the cap screwed on tightly but I didn't feel right about it so I began loosening the cap and i could hear air whooshing past the threads. Once i got the cap almost completely screwed off the air in the tank blew the cap off and sprayed diesel in my face lol.

Would it of been fine just leaving it tightened on there? I wouldn't of had any type of vent hose ran which I was told is a absolutely no no from my company and I could get fired.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.