I love fuel hauling

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by TakinItEasy, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Wisemantransport

Wisemantransport Bobtail Member

Mar 9, 2019

In 13 years of diving, hauling fuel is the best job I've had in this industry by far. Always something new; plenty of work; pay is wonderful and with the company I'm driving for, the tractors and equipment are excellent.

bentstrider83 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bentstrider83

bentstrider83 Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Portales, NM
    No doubt about that. Kicking myself in the head with cramp-ons for letting this Pilot gig slip out of my hands. First it was insistence on moving to the area, then taking too long to find an apartment.
    The recruiter just told me nicely to "---- off" in no uncertain terms since it took too long.
    Time to invest in a small travel trailer and leave without notice. I mean, with as much as mental stress as the milk hauling is causing me, they'd probably make it unbearable once they knew I was about to jump ship.
    Got to change my game, before the game is over. Some may question leaving without notice. But until the practice of aggressive employee retention is outlawed, sometimes there's no other choice other than to slip out the back door

4. GasHauler

GasHauler Master FMCSA Interpreter

Oct 23, 2005
    Vegas/Jersey
    Just remember, they do not give you a notice when they are done with you. Best not to burn bridges but if you have to don't lose any sleep over it.

Woodys, x1Heavy and bentstrider83 Thank this.
  5. bentstrider83

bentstrider83 Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Portales, NM
    Truer words never spoken. I just feel like it's turning into one of those troublesome relationships you keep hearing about. The one where someone definitely should leave, but doesn't until it's too late. I've had quite a few options come up and this Pilot fuel thing a few hours away seemed to be a rather easy one to slip over to.
    Only other promising lead I got that hasn't come into full fruition is a nearby line-haul outfit. Of course the TM is actually too busy doing runs himself to get a look at the apps to make a decision.

The area's nice. But this little pocket of the state is too limited as far as what I could bounce into. Nothing but cattle hauling, grain hauling, or more of the dairy craziness. Kind of weird when all these nice carriers with daycabs operate in your area. But since you don't live where the driver's domiciled, you're not part of the club.

6. TakinItEasy

TakinItEasy Medium Load Member

Dec 27, 2012
    OKC, OK
    Well my time fuel hauling came to an end. they decided to sell out to another company. I lost my hourly pay, my assigned truck and a bunch of other crap I didnt sign up for. They were going to load base pay and were cutting my pay by 400$ a week.

lovespink and scythe08 Thank this.
  7. istumped

istumped Medium Load Member

Feb 8, 2015

Who did you work for? And who bought you guys out?

8. darknessesedge

darknessesedge Medium Load Member

Jul 8, 2013
    ouch

9. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    Let me guess, starts with K and ends with either G or E.

10. Fold_Moiler

Fold_Moiler Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2017
    Should have called the union in while all the drivers were pissed off with nothing to lose.

#### ‘em

11. dennisroc

dennisroc Road Train Member

Oct 9, 2013
    Anjung-Ri, South Korea
    Can you explain how employee retention works , never noticed this before.

Thanks

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.