I met a Lady trucker today.

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by Dreazz75, May 7, 2019.

1. Dreazz75

Dreazz75 Light Load Member

May 3, 2019
    Met a lady in Mississippi today saw her in store had no idea she was a trucker until I saw her climbing in and noticed her 2 Yorkies greeting her she was very positive and had a good vibe about her not only that been driving 30 plus years WAY To GOOO lady truckers

alds, daniphoenix, Sisbro and 5 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    We need way more of them.
    Replace some of these nasty slobs we
    Got out here.
    I'm embarrassed to even stand in
    Line next to Them.
    And they wonder why everybody
    Treats them like crap.

As least the women look respectable.

4. Dreazz75

Dreazz75 Light Load Member

May 3, 2019
    I agree I’m just riding otr with husband but have wheels in motion to get my cdl and team with him she actually made my day

5. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    I am curious, if you saw her in the store, but didn't know she was a driver until she climbed into the truck, how is it that you know she has been driving 30 years??
    I have known quite a few women drivers over the years, even a few flat bedders and OO's, I have always felt it was a good job for them with better wages than most women make. I have known lots and lots of husband and wife teams. I know a woman here that hauls heavy haul, and it doesn't matter if she is pulling the load or driveing the push truck.

Rocks Thanks this.
  6. Gdog66223

Gdog66223 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Coal Town
    I know a woman who is very beautiful and has been driving for over 12 years... She got fired for sleeping with the yard driver at a local customer... Yard driver went missing and they couldn't find him... They located him crawling out of her truck zipping his pants up, she later admitted to it... So sad she lost her job, but man she was beautiful!

D.Tibbitt, peterbilt_2005 and Bfr38 Thank this.
  7. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    upload_2019-5-7_15-10-23.jpeg

8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Some things are worth 10 firings if done right.

I was one of those who was dismissed two weeks before my wedding. You can drive or you can spend time and be courting. Company no longer exists but we are still living despite cancer and other problems over 20 years now.

Rocks, Dreazz75, 88 Alpha and 2 others Thank this.
  9. SavageMuffin

SavageMuffin Medium Load Member

Jan 11, 2018
    MS
    Saw a lady, probably close to my age out here in the patch earlier today hauling saltwater. Good looking little gal.

D.Tibbitt and Dreazz75 Thank this.
  10. starmac

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    I used to do a lot of front door running, one time I passed a gal pulling a small oversize just before the tennessee line and she ask how far I was going. she couldn't run the next day, and really wanted to get to knoxville before dark. It seems like there was a gym there close by and also a dance hall too. I told her come on and we would make it, chatted with her all the way and we made it and had supper. I don't do gyms or dance, and left out the next morning early, so never saw her again.
    Bs'd with a gal another oo that chased me out of Utah down 70 to denver one night, got there in the wee hours of the morning and had coffee, her dad was a trucker, so she naturally got in the business.
    I had another gal chase out of Cali on I-8 one night right before thanksgiving, both of us was itching to get to the first place we could have a cup of coffee and smoke a cig. She turned out to be a show dog, probably in her late 30's, but could have made any string bikini look good. Her voice was husky and sounded on the radio a lot like a man, jerks would give her a hard time on the cb, unless they actually laid eyes on her. lol
    She had drove a bread truck for 12 years or so before graduating to the big time.
    I worked on a tiny girls truck once, a company autocar out of phoenix. After that she would call anytime she came through, and we would sometimes have coffee, once when she started to leave someone had pulled her pin and she dropped the trailer on her tires. She said that happened pretty often.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  11. starmac

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    There is and has been several lady drivers up here running the haul road, both OO's and company drivers. I would bet that well over 75% of male drivers would not and or could not do it. We lost one in a wreck last year, she had probably 15 years in on the road, and was well liked and respected, very sad day.

Oxbow and Rocks Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.