I met this poor lady at the DMV, she needs a CDL job

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by drivingmissdaisy, Dec 11, 2020.

1. drivingmissdaisy

drivingmissdaisy Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2019
    Ok. Without going into tons of details as I told this lady I would keep her situation confidential as best I could, can someone help me find this lady an employer who will employ someone with 6 weeks of driving experience who failed a drug test for a prescription medication she took but lost the prescription to? She told me she could absolutely pass a drug test today and can't believe shes in the position shes in. I would like to not give any more information as I don't really need to. I'm not familiar with 2nd chance companies that hire down here as I haven't needed one.

She is ready to go OTR for months at a time, no problem. No arrests, no DUI's. The drug test she failed was a preemployment drug screen, not a random while driving if that matters. I don't know, I'm not familiar with any of this.

Chinatown please help me help this lady. She's so upset she was almost in tears. She said she still HAD the medication because she didn't even take it much when it was issued. Makes sense, this lady is not a drug addict. I can tell a druggie. This looks like a lady you'd see in church.

Any help would be appreciated. I don't even know who to point her to. We live in south Louisiana.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
  4. GreenPete359

GreenPete359 Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Driving my recliner
    Why doesn’t she just call her doctor and have this all cleared up?

i call b.s. if a doctor wrote a script, the doctor or his/her office would clear this right up.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
  5. nredfor88

nredfor88 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2019
    USA
    If it were a prescription, then the doctor that wrote it should have it on record. Are you sure she’s on the up and up?

6. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia

She might not have many options other than going through the SAP/return to duty program. Once that MRO calls this a positive and places her name up in the clearinghouse, well it's up there. I read your comment 2 times. I see no mention of the time frame and if she had registered with the clearinghouse. So until this issue is settled she is not working for anybody even a 2nd chance carrier.

EDITED:: On 3rd read, I see the pre-employment statement. Looks like it was a sent home from orientation. Still might have a clearinghouse problem. These kinds of stories frustrate the heck out of me.

7. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Google: cdl SAP program Louisiana.

8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    She might get a non-cdl driving job. Doubt they check the drug clearinghouse.

9. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    She can. the drug testing is for CDL holders. Outside hazmat or a bus, if you are not operating a CMV at least 26,001 you don't need a CDL and you are not subject to testing. You may however be subject to non DOT testing if the employer requires it.

10. Hazmat Cat

Hazmat Cat Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2019
    She lost the prescription.... :biggrin_2559:

88228822, TexasKGB, buddyd157 and 7 others Thank this.
  11. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Could have got the pharmacy to verify it. Don't smell right.

MOBee, Opus, MTN Boomer and 12 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.