I Miss My Logbook

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by MooneyBravo, Oct 18, 2019.

1. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    You do realize this is complete and total bs, don't you? And if that is such blatant bs, I wonder how much else in the rant is bs too.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MooneyBravo

MooneyBravo Heavy Load Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Vermilion, Oh
    No BS ranting here. That's what safety told us in the training class.

Intothesunset and ZVar Thank this.
  4. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    I missed the log book too. Nothing stopped door rattles quite like a log book. IDK, I had one job, my union job, that had computers. For a cut and dry route job, I actually liked it, for an outlaw, it was the kiss of death. I certainly would draw the line at a facing in camera, although, may have had one and never knew it. Just the way trucking is today, different job, fer sure,,

Intothesunset and Brettj3876 Thank this.
  5. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Exactly what I thought when I read it. There is no new regs connecting an ELD directly to the CSA. Eld companies added all kinds of bells and whistles to their products over what the regs called for in order to better sell their product.

When you get a chance call out your safety on this. They should be the last ones to start this bs.

Oxbow, Intothesunset, ZVar and 2 others Thank this.
  6. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    Personally, I am not surprised at safety's misinformation; most of the wrong information I've seen here or heard in person has been attributed to safety. However, to be fair, sometimes it is a driver's misinterpretation of what was said.

Even in this "enlightened" age, I think many companies pay lip service to safety. They often promote some of the least competent people into the position. In the oil patch we used to joke you could always tell the safety guy... he was the one missing fingers.

7. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Didn't mean to imply the bs was from you. But it is a load of bs
    Oh there might be an internal company driver score that is affected when going over speed. But there is no tie in to CSA to automatically create a violation.

Oxbow, gentleroger and Intothesunset Thank this.
  8. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Wow these companies just make stuff up to tell their drivers nowadays or what? Lol.

9. Mrlanza

Mrlanza Light Load Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Redstone Arsenal, Al
    Yeah, sounds like a bit of misinformation is being spread.
    I've got a similar camera. The Netradyne Driveri.
    One front and a side camera each. The inside facing camera has a cap in it. There is also a microphone which the company claims is inactive, but you never know.
    It also has gps, an accelerometer, and an nvidia processor to
    calulate and track data while streaming it to the data center via a 5g cellular data connection.

The camera can detect signs and signals, lane departures,
    Speed, distance, sudden stops, and impacts.
    Any violation or deviation is noted by the built in computer for
    review by a person at the data center to determine whether the violation is legitimate before sending the video and data stream to the safety contact at the company.

The data can also be compiled into a safety score for the driver which the subscribing company can use how it sees fit.
    Apparently, the company get a fairy decent insurance rate reduction for using these cameras.

On to the good stuff.

The company that makes these cameras and the data processing software was involved with creating the artifical intelligence used in Hundai's self driving car project.

They claim that the AI was created using a "deep learning"
    algorithm generated from the data collected from similar types of cameras that they had used in cars.

Intothesunset Thanks this.
  10. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Microphone inactive, they say? Only one way to find out,,,:eek:

kemosabi49 and Intothesunset Thank this.
  11. MooneyBravo

MooneyBravo Heavy Load Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Vermilion, Oh
    We were told that our driving violations get documented and DOT will now be able to track things easier during a DOT audit. If a driver or drivers is/are continually showing violations, it will affect the score of both the driver and company. We use an app called Drivewyse. It gives us a bypass around the chicken house.. If the company has a rising score we can expect to be pulled into the scales more often. We are also told that continual violations will result in disciplinary action and eventually termination. I drive for Moore Transport, an auto transport company. They also told us that these rules are not made up by them but rather the DOT.

For giggles I contacted 2 other car hauling outfits and they both agreed with my company.
    Time will tell. We'll see where it all goes.

ZVar and Intothesunset Thank this.
  12. Intothesunset

Intothesunset Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2019
    truck
    Companies can make their own redicolous rules. I was on the radio to a driver that said company does not allow personal use for after hours safe parking. Did not get the name.
    F that. I turned down at least 5 jobs before I found one with paper or elog trucks.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.