I need a good job

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by SemperFiServices, Aug 21, 2019.

1. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Ur right their financials arent looking very good, they are an umbrella company. I imagine if things start to go south they start selling. They are still the premier flatbed companies to work for and their aint much better paying jobs then some of the companies they own

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. catalinaflyer

catalinaflyer Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Wichita, KS
    I'm not going to get into a public forum debate over company financials. However we are not the umbrella company and by far the most profitable of all the Op-Co's in the umbrella. I get a report every morning as does every operations manager here and it's vastly different than the owner of another company is saying. As for someone from LoneStar hitting you up about a job, well maybe LoneStar isn't his cup of tea but to equate someone from LoneStar looking for another job to financials at an entirely different Op-Co somehow doesn't seem to compute. Yes, we are all part of Daseke however we are also all separate companies, operated independently of every other company in the group. I have LoneStar do work for me and I get an invoice that we have to pay just like anyone else. When I need to use one of their 4 axle trailers, I have to rent it just the same as if someone else wants to use it.

And some food for thought, every segment of trucking from LTL to TL to Specialized is seeing a downturn in revenue and miles. It's called supply and demand. There are many more trucks bidding on everything right now so the strength of a company is how well they position themselves for these changes in the market. Everyone can ride the wave but in the end only those who planned ahead will still be standing when the wave ends. Ask my drivers how busy they are............ I had to add another white-board to my wall 2 weeks ago just to keep up.

It has been a little slower over the holidays however the majority of my customers were shut down from before Christmas till Jan 6th so there was no place open to load/unload. With that being said, all but 2 of my drivers worked over the holidays because I had too much freight and not enough trucks. This period of time is not unusual to this year, aerospace manufacturers historically shut down during this time frame every year. We plan ahead for it and position ourselves to keep moving and earning revenue during this time.

4. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    I would agree but the daeske financials are available to the public and it would be ignorant to say they are looking good. But not different than most trucking companies during this last year or so. daeske IS an umbrella company which is what i was referring to . Not lone star . Daeske is generally regarded as one of the best flatbed corporations to work for and anybody that asks me for a good paying flatbed job i point them in that direction. Didnt mean any harm by what i said just a view of the entire industry right now across all trucking companies, nobodys financials are looking great

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.