I need a good tax lawyer.

Discussion in 'Trucker Taxes and Truck Financing' started by Curdog1, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Curdog1

Curdog1 Bobtail Member

Apr 24, 2018
    Georgia
    Hello, I am a female driver who graduated CDL school in October 2017. I was hired by Mike Frost Trucking after graduation. At first things went well besides the fact that they paid me bottom feeder wages (.18 cpm) for almost the whole year I worked for them. I have a perfect driving record, no points, no accidents, no violations. This company employs team drivers, delivering carpet to California and returning tonGeorgia with produce. During this time I had five codrivers, and got along great with all except the last one, who never bathed, insisted on urinated in gallon milk jugs and never emptied them and more than once did #2 in the sleeper berth while I was driving. When I complained they simply stopped using me as a driver, stating they couldn’t find anyone who would team with me and that it was my fault.
    Tax time rolls around, They send me a W-2 and I prepare my return only to find out IRS is investigating stating they have no record of me ever working for Mike Frost Trucking. This was in March; I just received a letter from IRS saying they approved my return based on the following info. Still, IRS has no record of my earnings from Mike Frost Trucking. However, thankfully, I saved all check stubs and settlement sheets from this company. After they froze me out I applied for unemployment which was denied because Frost stated I quit, they had plenty of work for me to do. But, I have them on record, phone recordings, where I begged for work even offered to clean toilets or sweep up the parking lot but they said Sorry, we don’t have anything for you. I also have a decision from EEOC in my favor regarding a retaliation complaint for asking them for another codriver besides the one whose hygiene was questionable. How can this company take out taxes from my wages but not report them to the IRS? I need help.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Sounds like they could be in trouble with the IRS unless. WoW on only getting .18 CPM or maybe that was split between two drive since you running team. So you got paid while sleeping also. Maybe you really got more like .36 when driving.

CruzControhl, rachi, Dino soar and 2 others Thank this.
  4. Curdog1

Curdog1 Bobtail Member

Apr 24, 2018
    Georgia
    No... Top pay was .26. Since I wa training they gave the extra .7 cpm to my codriver so HE got paid for sleeping because he never taught me anything.

Intothesunset Thanks this.
  5. Curdog1

Curdog1 Bobtail Member

Apr 24, 2018
    Georgia
    For a typical trip to Cali with one delivery to Xperia’s Global and 5 pickups in Salinas I was lucky to break 900.00

Intothesunset Thanks this.
  6. Curdog1

Curdog1 Bobtail Member

Apr 24, 2018
    Georgia
    Excuse me... Express Global

7. Curdog1

Curdog1 Bobtail Member

Apr 24, 2018
    Georgia
    But that isn’t the big issue. They are committing tax fraud besides screwing me out of my first year driving experience with all the pain and suffering that goes along because there is no record of me ever working there, even on my DAC.

Intothesunset and 25(2)+2 Thank this.
  8. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    I'm going to sound a bit harsh, but I'm doing it not to make you mad but to hopefully wake you up.

Stop whining and move on with life! No one cares.

Not everyone uses DAC, so it's a good thing they don't. You have the experience, stop playing the victim find a job that pays. If you actually put forth effort you'll be moving at the absolute latest next Monday when orientation starts. If a company can't verify employment, then show them your stubs, no biggie.

All the bellyaching isn't getting you a job, all it's doing is holding you back. Spend a few of these hours you are here to apply everywhere and you'll have to turn your phone off to keep from getting flooded with offers.

Once you get a job then worry about IRS and the like. Although it looks to me like there is nothing there to worry about.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
  9. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    let the IRS go after them..most likely, they changed owners several times, each time using a child in the family as the CEO (in name only)

lodge a complaint with the IRS if you want to, but be prepared to go to Federal court as well, as a witness when called.

otherwise, move onto something else, with your time in, and a good DMV driving record, you should get a job, only THIS time, GO SOLO.....!!!!!!!!

oh yeah, and tell each place you go to for an interview, you want to be paid on a W-2...NOT a 1099. (in case that's how one or 2 places pay, stay away...!!)

rachi, Intothesunset and Curdog1 Thank this.
  10. Curdog1

Curdog1 Bobtail Member

Apr 24, 2018
    Georgia
    I surely do appreciate your input but what about the taxes I paid in that were not included on my return? I am a single mother and money hard to come by. Besides, I earned that money!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.