I need a miracle! Can anyone help me out?

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by cprems, Apr 28, 2019.

1. cprems

cprems Light Load Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Here's the deal, I was partnered with someone who has just cut me off at the knees. I purchased a truck and had it titled in their name so it could be more easily transferred into the LLC once we had one formed. Well this didn't happen and the debt kept running up and they have decided to park the truck and take our driver to lease on with someone else using a family owned truck.

I'm left holding the $90k bag, I have no way of paying the bills without a driver. I have a lawyer, and the other party has agreed to give me the truck if I release them from any personal liability.Yes, I had a contract with the other party but they're so dead assed broke, I'd get nothing and the bills are piling up.

Anyway:

My 2 options are

1. File for Bankruptcy and let the creditors go after my former business partner
    2. Find a decent driver and continue on running sand.

I want to do option 2 and that leads me to where ya'll might be able to help.

I need a driver to haul fracking sand in West Texas. Where do I need to place ads? Does anyone know anyone looking for a job?

Thanks for listening. Let me know if ya'll have any suggestions or can point me in the right direction.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2019
    R R Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. chimbotano

chimbotano Heavy Load Member

Apr 21, 2013
    For sure you will be in my thoughts and prayers!
    You been a member of this site , for how long ? You thought you were smarter than a lot of this guys here who are giving free counsel and wise advises ?
    Well , I’ll keep praying for you .

mhyn and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  4. ACO476

ACO476 Light Load Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Texas
    Search for "work in Texas" or the Texas workforce commission website. I'd start there. Most everything else is advertised on Craigslist, Indeed or Monster. Your best bet will probably be the Texas workforce commission though.

And just out of curiosity, what is the equipment? Sandbox or pneumatic? Who are your customers, all oilfield I'm guessing?

cprems Thanks this.
  5. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    How would you pay a driver?

ur2ez83 Thanks this.
  6. cprems

cprems Light Load Member

Sep 17, 2018
    From the settlements.

7. cprems

cprems Light Load Member

Sep 17, 2018
    I'm asking because someone may know a driver who needs a job. I seek advice from those who are wiser than I am. I know i'm not smarter, I'm looking for a solution to my problem.

8. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    I'm not sure i want to get involved, do have pneumatic and oilfield exp. If you want to hire someone their first considerations will be safety and getting paid. Obviously those are harder with empty pockets.

9. cprems

cprems Light Load Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Yes. All oilfield customers. I run sandboxes and I'm currently leased on with a good company that has taken care of me. The work is there, I just need a driver!

ACO476 Thanks this.
  10. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    cprems Thanks this.
  11. cprems

cprems Light Load Member

Sep 17, 2018
    You'd be subject to the same hold back that I will have - 2 weeks. You'd get your money first and I get paid last. I've never shorted a driver on pay. It's not who I am.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.