I need advice and help

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by dudeindistress, Dec 15, 2009.

1. dudeindistress

dudeindistress Bobtail Member

Dec 15, 2009
    I am a convicted felon who has read that stevens transport accepts felons.I really want to follow in my family footsteps and drive the road.Is there anyone who can offer me some good advice.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. have12

have12 Bobtail Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Texas
    I would save my money and pay for school myself. One of the biggest problems I have heard of with company schools is that they hire/approve about twice as many drivers/students as they need. Then upon graduation there are no jobs. This means you are instantly responsible for paying back the student loan plus the 18-25% interest for breaking the contract. ( you are not currently working for the company). I will never sign a contract to drive for a company in return for a job.

4. dudeindistress

Dec 15, 2009
    Im not financially stable
    as a matter of fact i havent been able to get a job

5. have12

have12 Bobtail Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Texas
    Check with the workforce center near you. They have programs like WIA that can help. Also the the hazelwood act will pay for truck driving schools if you qualify. I don't mean to sound crass, but do your homework before signing a contract.

6. dudeindistress

Dec 15, 2009
    thank you i am still young so i dont really have too much knowledge in this industry

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.