I NEED FEED BACK FROM TRUCKING COMPANIES/DRIVERS

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by Kar80, Aug 4, 2022.

1. GYPSY65

GYPSY65 Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2012
    SW FLA
    If you are on the hook for the cost of goods maybe Just drop them at a dump or see if the receiver wants it for free?
    Unless it’s actually totally ruined

Another Canadian driver and Kar80 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kranky1

kranky1 Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    Did they claim the load? If so it’s yours, you’ll have to put on your Dirt Merchant hat and sell it to mitigate the claim and get your truck back. What’s your customers position? They may be able to resell the load and avoid going the claim route. The only thing you want to avoid is having your truck stuck under that load while the consignee argues with the shipper about what they’re going to pay for it. I encounter that game with lumber and stone traders all the time. Again, what is your customer saying? It starts with them.

4. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    What is the actual product. That has a lot to do with what happens next. At this point, your company owns the product. What can be done is dependent on the answer to the first question. If the load documents have no statement to the effect of weather protect or must deliver clean and dry, that sort of wording, then the shipper really has no claim. Sort of the same for the receiving company. They could be claiming to refuse the load for a number of reasons, it may have absolutely nothing to do with the load arriving not tarped. The question becomes how much do you want to keep the customer and what can be negotiated.

5. Kar80

Kar80 Bobtail Member

Aug 4, 2022
    WEST COAST
    the receiver in FL will not accept the load and the customer in CA will not take the load back. WE are trying to find some place to off load and take the 10 pallets

6. Kar80

Kar80 Bobtail Member

Aug 4, 2022
    WEST COAST
    This was a very helpful reply. Thank you

7. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    The load is only 10 pallets of product? One thing that your driver should do is take pictures of the load/product. Really that should have been done as soon as the delivery customer said they are refusing the load. The other item that needs documentation is the exact reason they are refusing the load. It needs to be a real and valid description of the damage. “Load not tarped” will not be accepted for any claim. Has this product been transported by your company before? If yes, did that documentation have any wording that stated it needed to be covered? Have any other receivers for the same product requested tarp/cover or refused the product for similar reasons? These are questions that need factual answers and documentation to use in solving the situation.

8. Short Fuse EOD

Short Fuse EOD Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Midwest
    I am sorry for your experience. Thank you for sharing it here. I hope some guys read this and understand why you don’t haul for $2 a mile. You need money for lawyers, tows, or claims. This stuff happens and will happen to all of us.

9. GYPSY65

GYPSY65 Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2012
    SW FLA
    $2 per mile???
    That’s a dream rate for some and they’d be rich!!
    I’ve had discussions with many here who haul for $1
    They say fuel money is better than no money
    I don’t get it!

10. kranky1

kranky1 Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    I don’t think I’ve moved anything at $2/mi since ‘82, or ‘83 maybe. Mind you that $2/mi freight was moving off the load boards for .80cpm- $1/mi then.

11. Short Fuse EOD

Short Fuse EOD Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Midwest
    No reason to price gouge customers. -Still have to make enough for claims and income. I think allot of o/o operate without the funds to pay out a non insurance covered claim.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.