I need help BIG help

Discussion in 'Werner' started by hitandrunvictum, Mar 17, 2008.

1. hitandrunvictum

hitandrunvictum Bobtail Member

Mar 17, 2008
    Jonesboro, GA
    Hello my name is alycia and i am only 19----but wait...
    Please i need help
    My hubby was driving my 10 month old, myself and my step son to see the nuggett drop on mew years ever...And i was hit by a Werner Tractor tarilor and the ####### ran....leaving us for dead.
    Here is what i have because it's hard to get any type of id of the truck if your under it....

1.I have tape of the truck sitting in a walmart parking lot for almost 2 hours and leaving in the direction of the accident 2 minutes before th911 call...it happened about 400 yards away.
    2. my dective will not get off his ### and do what he needs to do so i have all my solid proof ....went poof......
    3. Clerance Werner will NOT call my back along with Chuck (some high up guy that is very willing to help or so he says...
    4. i had a orerator tell mei dont have squat and dont try to prove it" we are a huge company and it will never happen"
    .I need to find out if
    1. the GPS in those trucks are all the time(can they go by like a intersection and/or a physcal address and tell if a truck was there at any givin time

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. broncrider

broncrider Road Train Member

if it was a werner truck and you have it on tape....
    you should have make, model and id # of said truck and id# of trailer
    to the best of my knowledge ( very limited in this area) the qual com tracks every move the truck makes via gps, and therefor should be able to tell if it was in the area....but i dont know how long those records are kept

there are alot of ex-werner trucks running around.....might it have been one?

im sorry the driver didnt even stop....that is NOT how a professional behaves

if you get some resistance from the company, try to understand that all trucking compinies get alot of bogus reports from poeple trying to get things repaired for free....i got called in once for breaking someones windshield one day, and the truck they said did it wasn't on the road that day

please do not let this experiance sour you on all drivers....most of us are decient, stand up kinda poeple

4. hitandrunvictum

hitandrunvictum Bobtail Member

Mar 17, 2008
    Jonesboro, GA
    i dont have the accident on tape but i have the truck on tape leaving 2 minutes before the accident and the 911 call went in...The tape is a walmart tape and it is ###### but you can berly make out werner but you can...now what

5. broncrider

broncrider Road Train Member

ride the cop like a jockey....heck just call him seabiscut
    cal him 3 times a day....squeky wheel gets the grease you know

you need to get him to do something, otherwise it will go nowhere

they have to have some evidence, unless they are piss-poor cops and didnt do an accident investigation/reconstruction
    if they have evidence they need to follow up on it

6. janskitty

janskitty Bobtail Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Springfield, MO
    Call an attorney. They are our worst enemy, but this is the reason those guys make all the $$. Companies that act like this is what keeps them in business.:biggrin_25513: A lot of these companies probably figure your gonna call an attorney anyway and they're doing what their attorney's are instructing them. Keeping quiet. Good Luck

7. Pur48Ted

Pur48Ted Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Grand Rapids, MI
    If it was a WERNER truck that was involved, and you have witnesses, you WILL have to hire a LAWYER and file suit against them. They AREN'T going to admit to you over the phone they are responsible. You WILL HAVE TO PROVE it in Court.
    But YES, they DO have QUALCOM, and I believe it is QUALCOM that keeps the records. But again, no one is going to give you any records with-out a sopena or court order.

8. Yes, and no... There's a "slush" factor in their system where a driver could drive a SHORT distance, and stop without the system logging the move. Think of it as a map with a small error factor.
    Aside from that, the system will show the location and time of every truck who's qualcomm has signal with the sattelite. The system will update every hour automatically, and if the system shows the truck moving, the information on where, when and how fast is recorded into the driver's log.
    Their log system keeps the record for D.O.T.'s requirement of (I think) 5 years. If you're able to give a date/time/location, there should'nt be any problem figuring out WHAT truck was there. If you're able to give the truck# then they DO at least know he was there.

I have no love for the company, but they might be waiting for official demands for the info. With a big company that has lots of drivers they'll have some worries that the info is being sought for other purposes, and that a claim of an accident may not be what's REALLY going on. If you have law enforcement or D.O.T. involved, they'll be better equipped to find out who this guy was. It's frustrating I know, and I hope my information helps.

9. RowdyRigg

RowdyRigg Bobtail Member

Aug 10, 2008
    AZ
    If you have video, call a lawyer NOW! Werner will pay almost ANY claim because they are self-insured. They don't have to answer to an insurance company. Call a lawyer and sue NOW!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.