I need I anti eld forum.

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by Oldironfan, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Timin770

Timin770 Road Train Member

May 27, 2011
    Canton, GA
    Yeah all that writing is brutal. The upside is if an error is made it doesnt take an act of congress to fix it

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    A: We are discussing ELD's in this thread. That is the technology that makes life simpler on many fronts. It not only tracks compliance, but can be used to figure IFTA, truck utilization, area capacity etc etc etc

B: Yeah and we could all still be sucking in black clouds of unburnt fuel, and leaving oil puddles as the engines slobbered at idle.

Old trucks broke down, sometimes they even had to be (gasp!) towed to a shop.

Tb0n3 Thanks this.
  4. Triple Digit Bullhauler

Triple Digit Bullhauler Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2012
    001 anywhere USA
    We type on it only for certain reasons, not as a device(s) used every day like the new generation. I am in college online receiving my second masters. If not for that i would not have a P.C. My cell phone is just that a phone, and none of my fleet have electronic/technology based crap in them. If not for us old timers, you'd be making minimum wage flipping burgers at your local Micky -D's. We may all have different ways of doing the job, good bad or indifferent. The old timers grew up on a different method, just as in schools today. The old timers, we had a born in computer, and no technology, or computers to aide us in school. How does one learn if technology does the work easy for you? I realize brain power is becoming obsolete in most of society today, so is common sense. Maybe instead of bickering about B.S, maybe we stand together UNITED as a group, and we can make a difference in our industry, no matter the outcome of new methods, or ole ways of trucking.

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  5. Triple Digit Bullhauler

Triple Digit Bullhauler Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2012
    001 anywhere USA

6. win-some-loose-less

win-some-loose-less Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Mount Vernon tx
    I would have thought the anti eld forum would be in the owner operator section but it seems it gets trolled by the same Nazi mega fleet eld lovers..

7. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Loading applications. .................please wait.

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  8. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    FMCSA administrator told Overdrive the HOS will continue to be revised.

30 minute break being the biggest issue.

Soon drivers like @tucker will have no limits to on duty or drive time.

9. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    Blah, blah, blah. Go Wal-Mart!

10. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    The 30 minute break is good if you’re in a sleeper truck.
    It’s stupid to take a 30 minute break and stare out the windshield of a daycab.
    But didn’t we get that break because California truck drivers were complaining they weren’t getting an unpaid break???

11. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    No. The Teamsters, OOIDA, and the ATA all kept telling the same lie. And instructing their members to do the same.

"The HOS makes it so we can not even stop for necessary hygiene stops like using a restroom".
    "The HOS will not let us stop to peepee".
    So the industries penance for telling that lie is the stupid 30 minute break.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2018
    Reason for edit: Keep it clean.
    Dave_in_AZ and Oldironfan Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.