i need some help

Discussion in 'Seek Employment' started by wicked1, Feb 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wicked1

wicked1 Bobtail Member

Feb 4, 2009
    farmdale,ohio
    i have been an otr driver for 17 yrs.till dec 2007...i had a heartattck and had to give it up for awhile...the doctor released me recently but i have a big problem now with getting a job...while i was off the doctors had me taking an anti deppresent and i had a bad reaction to them and commited a felony...the state of ohio charged me with assualt and battery, a felony 4... so even with all of my driving exp. i am not able to find a job..i have a wife and 3 kids to support and it,s getting pretty hard to do on my wifes income of $800 amonth.
    so if anyone out there can help me with any info on where i may find a good otr job at, it would be greatly appreciated by my family and myself..thank you for taking the time to read this and be safe out there....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. harleymanjax

harleymanjax Rookie Skateboarder

Dec 17, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    I wish you all the luck in the world, but it sounds like in the current economy with such a recent violent felony conviction and a heart problem its gonna be hard to find a job for you.

wicked1 Thanks this.
  4. Hyper

Hyper Light Load Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Kingwood, Tx
    Has the felony case been concluded? Have you satisified all the conditions set forth?

Go ahead and apply EVERYWHERE. Explain the situation up front and hope for the best. How tied to Ohio are you? You may consider a move to a trucking mecca like Joplin or OKC, where there are more trucks then drivers. Also contact PRIME out of Springfield. With your experience, tehy may consider putting you into a lease agreement. You will have to stay with it for a while, but in this economy, groceries are going to be a constant.

By all means, good luck. Anything I can do to help, just drop me a line, I'll do what I can for ya.

Hyper

wicked1 Thanks this.
  5. wicked1

wicked1 Bobtail Member

Feb 4, 2009
    farmdale,ohio
    hello hyper..thanks for the reply...i got a 5 yr probation sentence for what i did....i have to check in once a month,but the judge has given me permission to leave the state and drive over the road as long as i come home once a month and check in with the courts....would love to get back into the reefer,always did good with the food and produce...i use to do a 5 day turn around from ohio to cali but that company went under unfortunately.....do you know of any outlaws i can go to work for..any info would be very helpful...thanks again and be safe out there

6. Cerberus

Cerberus Medium Load Member

Jun 6, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida

You will have to get a travel pass from your po most likely. :biggrin_25511:

wicked1 Thanks this.
  7. wicked1

wicked1 Bobtail Member

Feb 4, 2009
    farmdale,ohio
    i have a travel pass from my po....i just need to find someone to hire me now....thanks for the info cerberus...

8. Cerberus

Cerberus Medium Load Member

Jun 6, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    ANd so the fun begins. lol. And make sure your straight up with the new company because your po will contact them to make sure you work there. Could make things really messy if they don't know about it. I think your best bet is going to be finding an O/O looking for a team driver.

wicked1 Thanks this.
  9. rocknroll nik

rocknroll nik High Risk Load Member

Oct 18, 2008
    can't read the sign
    Good luck wicked it is gonna be a rough road for you. No pun intended. I wish you all the best to be sure. The next thing that you may run into is that you don't have any "recent" exp. There are so many drivers out of work right now, it's going to be tough. But looking at the smaller mom and pops may work out for you. Best to you and your family driver!

wicked1 Thanks this.
  10. l84work

l84work Bobtail Member

Aug 2, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Wicked1
    I know it seems tough (many of us are feeling it too) but look just a little outside of what you've been doing into something you might be able to do. Tri axle jobs are out there and (no disrespect) the nature of construction allows them to be more accepting of legal standings. Another idea is driving team with an o/o or an expiditor. Just a couple ideas for you.

wicked1 Thanks this.
  11. rob86gn

rob86gn Bobtail Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Joliet, IL
    On another note, sounds like maybe you should consider going after the drug company. Sometimes they'll settle out of court if they feel you have a good case. A jury would eat that up, they seem to like to put the hurt to drug companies. Just a thought.

wicked1 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.