I need to drive from Texas to Maine, in a 4 wheeler. Are there any problems driving thru states?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by rogue-wave, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Just passing by

Just passing by Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Mississippi
    Take I-10 from Louisiana into Texas and you'll see it.

npok Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. A Bug

A Bug Heavy Load Member

Mar 15, 2014
    Sevierville TN
    In just a few weeks we have come to the point where we are wondering if it's legal to even leave our town. You have a bunch of Yankees openly threatening you to stay away.

Sure did not take much to make the world such an unfriendly place where everyone's scared s----less.

4. Just passing by

Just passing by Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Mississippi
    The whole world is in quarentine. Stay home. It's safer that way.

5. Stone Express

Stone Express Medium Load Member

Feb 26, 2013
    I use to wonder if there would ever come a time in the US, where travel would be restricted like in a communist country and I guess now I know.

Funny, someone sells a house and another freely buys it with hard earned cash, pays taxes and his neighbors tell him to stay away.

Where on the purchase agreement does it mention the required amount of time one has to be there...

Scary to think what these weak knees would do in combat.

6. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    Not enough people are taking this seriously so we continue to see an exponential rise in cases of kung flu. You didn't have to be forced, but when idiots didn't listen they had to be more firm. We've never really appreciated flatlanders coming into Vermont to change our laws anyway. Too many imports in government.

Northern Nomad Thanks this.
  7. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

Try an come to my sandbar without being a resident or in that big rig working, you won't go through. My county is being sued because they won't let in non-residents, an tourists. Kinda funny, but eh..whatever.

Only states I've herd of is Florida that is making people get temps taken. Everything else is places like mine. A county, or town, etc.

Below links are from various news sites, local an national talking about my lovely little county.

A North Carolina county is using checkpoints to block visitors and keep coronavirus out - CNN

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/coronavirus/article241798681.html

We've had the checkpoints in place since March as per the article below.
    UPDATED: Dare County restricts visitor access to Outer Banks; clarifies entry procedure for non-resident workers - OBX Today

Dare County sued over virus-related blockade :: WRAL.com

Let me know if more links are needed. There's plenty out there.

I'll try an get you a photo tomorrow when I head to the store of the check point. Short of getting in a car an trying to come across the bridges, I got nothing else for you. Feel free to google dare county an coronavirus. Our County website even has the info on there.

Not sure why someone would lie over checkpoints, it's not hard to check.

Sirscrapntruckalot - Just my imagination.... ooooh... - The Temptations.

G13Tomcat and x1Heavy Thank this.
  8. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Good. about time someone is starting to sue the governments for their illegal activities.

Kyle G. and StrokerTSi Thank this.
  9. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    There are many things come to pass in the last 4 months. Much of what I was worried about has happened, even before then.

The waiting before engaging in combat is the worst thing. Now that the virus is here and raging and all these changes... I feel fortunate to be in a State that is not displaying too much lock it all.... unlike others. We happen to be thinking about intercepting with roadblocks Louisana people coming here but not just yet.

So that's historic.

If you read history and how Arkansas was treated after the Civil War during the 1870s occupation or even Mississippi who did not celebrate the Union for almost 80+ years after... And other states or Baltimore's several military invasions and occupations in my life time and in our 300 years before that.

I pay attention to Baltimore. If they lose their minds they will be under armored fist in a hurry. But so far... it appears only to be scattered. There are parts of that city I don't even think about going. Its not worth my life. What they do would show the way what happens in other Metro areas when and if they get fed up with the situation.

10. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

Welp nice thing is...we're all entitled to our opinions.

;)

I'll update on the lawsuit. Which should be herd when the courts reopen, which will be when my sandbar/county re-opens.

Til then..

Be safe out there!

Sirscrapntruckalot - Have a nice day! - Mick Foley

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  11. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I have been a idiot. What I should do is pick a forest somewhere deep in the eastern Sierras and go there. Where the nearest neighbor is about a day's drive. Without having to deal with all these people in society I can lead a pretty peaceful life under 10 feet of snow on pine trees bigger than me.

=)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.