"I need to get back in there and get my phone so I can call my boss"

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by Badmon, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Badmon

Badmon Heavy Load Member

Oct 6, 2014
    Deep south
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SteerTire

SteerTire Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2018
    Behind the wheel
    That’s funny lol
    In a mean sort of way. ;)

Lepton1, lovesthedrive and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  4. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Wow, lucky, lucky guy.
    Nothing spilled from the tanker (if it had anything in it) and no spill from the fuel tanks....

5. Shaggy

Shaggy Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2006
    FIGMO
    Poor fella is in shock. He has his bluetooth headset on. 1 touch and voice command will call the boss no need to retrieve phone.Mine works up to 50 feet away from phone. Poor fella now on the interwebs with no context.

Bud A., Lepton1, Badmon and 3 others Thank this.
  6. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    It's a pneumatic. Whatever is in the trailer is dry...fly ash, cement, kiln dried lime, etc...not likely to leak unless the trailer is ruptured in a major way.

Dan.S, rabbiporkchop, Lepton1 and 5 others Thank this.
  7. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    I'd want my phone too so I could see what @x1Heavy is up to

magoo68, Bud A., 7-UP and 11 others Thank this.
  8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I am not up to much right now.

The Hospital and Doctors have some work to do fixing broken stuff. I'll be back up to full speed later this year provided that the work is done well. It's been a long time coming. Part of the reason for the delay is the war on opiates causing issues with more common doctors like family doctors who would have found some of the issues even as early as late last year. But I have to go to a clinic as per State Law and those doctors do well, but do not consider themselves family doctors and so do not communicate with any other doctor very well at all. So it falls on me to find out what things can be taken care of and go forward on my own to get it done at the Hospital.

Eventually I find the right doctors through referrals by the ER who did a good job in finally identifying relatively simple problems and broken bones that need replacement. But we lost almost a year and because of that, additional damage has been done to the body and now need even more expensive surgery and PT etc. What a waste.

Any one of my 4 doctors this year could have spent a little additional time paying attention to the actual problems in the body that has been proven to exist by simple Xrays or MRI etc. And prevented some of the work that now must be done. Because none of the 4 doctors since March to last month did much of anything. Here have some medicine. Go home and don't bother me. In fact as far as the State would prefer, no one gets any medicine at all.

If I did nothing then I have no future at all. I would prefer to go out swinging with boots on than to meekly do nothing because it's too expensive, or too difficult or too something else. That's flat BS. When things get difficult, truckers get going. We are late already.

Speaking of phones, I quit using land line to the house in 2008 what with the robocalling BS day and night spamming so that got stopped. The Cell phones we still use. But strictly internet believe it or not when I am not at the home computer and texting only. Otherwise it's relay via the internet. Technology has replaced what I cannot do, hear. It hears for me now quite a bit. I can almost say being deaf is not a problem or a handicap anymore. And so.. we should begin to act like it.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
    Bud A., Lepton1 and tucker Thank this.
  9. laaylor

laaylor Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Creston, Wa
    Awww so sorry you are having so many problems! Get better and back to yourself soon!!!!

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  10. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    Rooky move, not paying attention to where his tri-axle was. Cut the corner too shallow

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  11. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    While likely my brother-in-law has had his fuel truck slide off a newly graveled culvert and the rear of the truck slide in the ditch. He didn't roll over in that case, but still required a pull out. Which is always fun getting a fully loaded 8 axle truck towed... :)

I can't see any tire marks on the video to support that in this case so you are likely correct, but that's not the only option.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.