I need to P

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by LoboSolo, Oct 27, 2019.

1. LoboSolo

LoboSolo Heavy Load Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Highway 20
    Soooo, I'm dealing with a health issue that forces me to take Lasix, so I have to take a leak about every hour or so, for the next 12-16 hours. If i don't take Lasix, fluid is going to continue to build up. Cutting back on how much I drink doesnt seem to help reduce the pitstop count.

I told the RN this isnt really conducive to driving a truck, because where I'm driving there isn't always somewhere to pull in and solve that.

Her response "get a milk jug."
    I said i'm not that kind of truck driver.
    Her response - "get a milk jug."

Sounds like I'm going to be taking this stuff all winter. I'm outside the truck in the cold 2-3 hours a day working so I will also have 4 layers to get through to accomplish this. Every hour, all day long. Or, take the Lasix later in the day, and get no rest. Whats my best option to deal with this?

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Me personally i would do it during the day rather than at night. Its annoying getting up from good sleep just to pee.

That is crazy they give u lasix tho, ive only heard of that stuff when they give it to the race ponies. I think it keeps there lungs from bleeding or something like that. Never heard of it being given to humans , imobviously out of the loop. Good luckto you thobuddy that doesnt sounds like fun,i hope it goes welland u can recover quick

FlaSwampRat and truckdriver31 Thank this.
  4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Lasix

https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-3776-8043/lasix-oral/furosemide-oral/details

Essentially heart failure, liver disease and Kidney failure. Medicine purpose is to remove water and salts from your body asap. Which is peeing.

It is also a defense against high blood pressure. It is a prescription you must report on your DOT medical exam form.

You must be pretty sick puppy so far. I wonder if one of the 4 listed uses is the root diagnosis?

5. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    Get a jug, seriously. It doesn't matter if you're that kind of driver or not. It's a lot easier hitting an off ramp to piss in a jug than it is finding a bathroom. Just be a good jug user and dump it daily and don't throw it full along the road somewhere like so many drivers do. Give it a rinse at a fuel island that has a hose and dump the rinse water down a drain.

6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Keep two jugs. Clean ones. When you fill the first one with pee, empty it as posted by Steve scott, rinse and toss into garbage empty. So that the bacteria inside of your uthrea does not bite back on you. Start using jug number two which is clean. And so on.

By the time you finish the jug music you should be finished with that lasix.

But I sometimes wonder.

The alternative is a foley, a tube 2 feet long up you. And a bag on the end of it. Replace bag.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  7. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Similar subject was mentioned today.
    The answer is adult diapers. Some drivers wear them due to medical conditions.
    Nothing shameful about it.
    They're just like wearing a thick pair of underpants.
    They're thick so you won't feel the moisture.
    Here's a photo of Depends: just throw it away and put on a fresh pair when needed.
    [​IMG]
    Here's Equate; same type; put them on just like regular underpants, then throw away after each use when convenient.
    [​IMG]

8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Little known secret; many drivers wear a colostomy bag or adult diapers.
    Yes, they pass the DOT physical with no problem.

9. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    My father was prescribed Lasix for congestive heart failure. The rate of voiding urine decreased as time passed and his body adjusted. He wore adult diapers at night to avoid getting up.
    It will just take time getting used to it.

Sirscrapntruckalot Thanks this.
  10. Chraleple

Chraleple Bobtail Member

Oct 19, 2019
    Virginia, USA
    Just pee outside if you're already stopping on a ramp. I don't understand this disgusting habit.

starmac Thanks this.
  11. Oor

Oor Road Train Member

Jan 11, 2012
    You will when they write you up as a sex offender.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.