I Plead To The Masses

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Truckin Juggalo, Nov 12, 2006.

1. Dino soar

Dino soar Road Train Member

Dec 8, 2017
    A lot of that come down to manners and courtesy, two things that seem to be missing at times now a days.

It doesn't matter though. Eventually the trucks are not only going to be governed they're going to automatically switch when the speed limit changes. So if you are in a 55 and the speed limit drops to 35 you'll suddenly feel like the truck is just dead and you'll have no power and it might even brake on you until you hit 35.

There will be automatic cameras all inside of the truck and outside of the truck that will record your every movement and any DOT officer at any moment can turn on your cameras wherever you are and watch you.

They will also be able to shut your truck down wherever you are if they choose to and nobody's going to move that truck until they decide it's okay. They probably will make it automatic as soon as you are out of hours your truck will just die. And then they will give you a ticket because you should have been prepared.

When it's time to stop you'll have to tell your truck that you're going to stop and it will have to give you authorization. If you tell your truck that you are going to take a bathroom break it may pop a surprise drug test on you, and the computer right there on the truck will analyze it and fire you on the spot if you fail. No humans needed. And if you took a break a little while ago too bad. Soil your pants because the truck will be on its way and you won't be in control the truck is in control.

As you are sleeping the truck itself will wake you up the engine will start alarm Bells will go off the truck will shake and you will be yelled at to get out and move because the truck will make the schedule not you. If you don't do what the truck tells you to do the truck itself will fire you.

If you can gather up speed going down a hill and you pass the speed limit automatically that will be sent directly to DOT and you will get a ticket they will GPS your truck and guide it right to them so that they can handcuff you and tell you what ia derelict you truly are.

When Big Brother moves in like that hopefully I will be long gone...

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
    Woodys and plankton Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Running in a work zone yesterday, truck lane restricted Right Lane Only and 55 speed limit, which I was doing, supertrucker decides to cross over the solid white work zone line to pass. Concrete K rails on each side, dangerous situation so I slow up just a bit. Then you see the three supertruckers behind jump out across the solid white line to pass ole Scottie in the right lane trucks restricted work zone.

Work zone ends and ole Scottie kicks 'er back up to 70 and passes all four supertruckers who are governed at 63 by their mega carrier bean counting bosses.

MACK E-6 Thanks this.
  4. O.Henry

O.Henry Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2012
    San Antonio,TX.
    I believe there is less stress by letting them pass,then knowing they are on your side trying to pass.You know that it’s going to happen.Relax,and let it happen.

5. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    That's what the doctor said after he put on his rubber glove....

Sirscrapntruckalot and O.Henry Thank this.
  6. rda2580

rda2580 Heavy Load Member

Feb 22, 2012
    Lower Michigan
    And as sad as the situation is, seems to be more evidence of the forward facing cameras, just to prove how dangerous the aggressive drivers are!

7. dedrouteCO

dedrouteCO Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2015
    Vail, CO
    I don't know who this Scottie person is but I like his style.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  8. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    It's kind of funny but also sad to see that since this thread was started 12 years ago, absolutely nothing has changed in the trucking industry. Everything else in the world has changed a lot. In 2006 I had never owned a smart phone, and had never sent a text. I had a Motorola flip phone on an analog network that worked great and never had a dropped call. The great recession hadn't started yet, and I was making 5 times what I make now nearing 26 years in a career I wish I still had that didn't involve driving a truck. Marriage was between a man and a woman, and anything else was still illegal in every state. It had been just 5 years since 9/11. Oh how the world has changed since this thread was started.

Buster Churry, IluvCATS and scottied67 Thank this.
  9. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    I wish we could go back in time before iPhones.

SteveScott Thanks this.
  10. 1badtruckdriver

1badtruckdriver Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2018
    Mesa Arizona
    12 years ago? Ha ha...
    I will get paid no matter how fast I go.

11. Linte_Loco

Linte_Loco Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2011
    LA (lower Alabama)
    My truck is governed at 65. I learned long ago my limitations and roll about 62(paying for fuel). If I need a bit of go I can. Life of a governed truck sucks.

Just because you can go faster doesn’t mean it’s mandated. Know your limitations or get a un-governed truck. Very simple

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.