I should have beat his................

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by striker, Sep 30, 2010.

1. fancypants

fancypants Medium Load Member

Apr 14, 2010
    nw pa
    Cool truck. co freightliner. love to have one today

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rnmouse1

rnmouse1 Light Load Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Western Idaho
    About the stories with the cops, my husbands ex-wife is married to a sheriff's deputy and he used to stop my husband and his friends all the time. She would be hiding down in the floor boards so no one would see her. She constantly flips off people she doesn't like and calls them names out in public. What a nice example to set for our public servants. I also heard she has her tickets fixed for her also....

4. ShallowDOF

ShallowDOF Light Load Member

Feb 18, 2008
    Kenmore, WA
    I run a 100% driver unload account and generally get great reviews from our stores. I've only had four bad reviews in the two years I've been doing it. One was completely my fault and I called and apologized. Three of the bad reviews were all from the same store.

The first time I was there their equipment was broken and they expected me to work around it, then they complained that I was too slow. They eventually saw it my way, and agreed to help em work around their broken equipment, when I went back into the cab and started watching a movie. The store manager told me that I wouldn't have a job come morning time.

The second time the store manager told me she thought she would never see me again. My response was, "I know." Then she went home. This time I offered to fix their, still broken, equipment for free before we started and they turned me down. They were super slow this time and called the store manager when closing time came around because they wanted to go home and I wanted to finish the load. She showed up and started yelling at me about how horrible I was and even threatened to have me arrested for damaging freight. I literally laughed and told her "That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard someone tell me" then turned and walked back into the trailer.

Damaged freight isn't uncommon on this account because the people who load the trailers don't have any concept of what gravity is, or its effect on freight.

The third time I went there she once again told me that she thought she would never see me again. I just simply pulled out my phone, hit record and told her that today I would be recording all of our conversations. Things went incredibly smooth that time, yet she still called my boss and told him that I should be fired.

Two years later their equipment is still broken and other drivers ##### about that store. I haven't been back to that one in 1.5 years.

My good record on the account meant that her advise didn't go anywhere.

5. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    When I was on dumb and dumber team at Stevens, we had a drop that initially was in Montreal. But in between the time we entered Canada, drove up the 401/20 to Montreal, the drop was changed to a town called Trois Pistoles.. We called and got directions but since they spoke pretty bad English, we got confused, thinking they were located in Montreal. We spent the better part of 7 hours driving around Montreal looking for this place. At one point we ended up in a residential area and I made a uturn, leaving some deep ruts in someones yard!

Anyways at one point, I see a guard shack to a truck lot and we stop. I get out and ask if he spoke English. He did and he finally told us the place we were looking for was actually 200 miles up the road! We found a phone and called dispatch who realized we had conflicting info. Eventually we made the drop and when we crossed into Maine we literally kissed the ground!

6. saynotocheapfreight

saynotocheapfreight Bobtail Member

Jul 22, 2011
    we have a small trucking company,own authority.....if its not 2.00-3.00 we don't touch it. for ex if a load is 1000 miles we need to get 2000.00 on that

7. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    Sorry, but if I'm not getting paid I don't unload! My license says Comercial Driver's License, NOT Certified Driver/Lumper!!! If the reciever doesn't like it, tough toenails! I don't work for free...that is all.

8. 1catfish

1catfish Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2010
    i've unloaded a few tire loads, usually 1200 to a 53' trailer. man my shoulder was wore out. they only paid us 40.00 extra per load.:biggrin_25516:

9. kajidono

kajidono Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Streetrat
    I've offered to unload it for them a few times. Nobody has ever taken me up on the offer. I don't think they liked my proposed method.

10. ronin

ronin Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    San Antonio, Texas
    From an employer's perspective, there's a solidly legitimate reason for not having drivers unload or lump freight - bogus or real worker's comp cases... and sometimes those injuries, real or not, aren't covered because the complany explains to the insurance company that their drivers don't unload freight... and the company gets a lower insurance rate.

11. rambler

rambler Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2007
    I have unloaded a tremendous amount of freight over the years. I never did mind it....when I was paid respectfully to do it. I got some static from a receiver over a load in Ct once in which he was a real prick about it. Long story short when he asked not very nicely for me to unload it I explained to him the rate he negotiated with the sales rep didnt include any labor to unload per his request. Not only that but I didn't call him in the middle of the night to help me drive and get it there during the 13 hours it took to deliver it. He was one of those guys who just dont get it. I told him when leaving his bet bet would be to get an LTL company to bring it to him.......but be prepared to pay dearly. Our sales rep called and told him to not bother calling us again. The guy was a real cusser. :biggrin_2559:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.