I think I just committed career suicide, ticket 25 over the limit

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by Roteck, Dec 24, 2018.

1. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Interstate or Roadlaw

Both are nationwide and have local lawyers everywhere. If one don't have a local the other should.

My last ticket I had to use Interstate because roadlaw didn't have any lawyers close by. Roadlaw is who I usually use though.

Be forwarned though. Some states don't like truckers or speeders. I don't know about the eastern side but defenitly watch your A in Wyoming and NM. There's no plea deal in those 2 states.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Roteck

Roteck Light Load Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Abilene, TX
    Wasn't a rental. It's my own personal vehicle. It's a 2018 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport with a 5.7L Hemi so it's decently quick compared to other vehicles but not super fast. But being out in a rig for so long I am no longer used to pushing the pedal down and getting up to speed so fast. Yeah it climbs to 80 fast and without any exhaust modifications it's very quiet and doesn't sound like it's working hard but it is and it's moving.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  4. Roteck

Roteck Light Load Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Abilene, TX
    Yeah just speeding. He told me he wasn't going to write me up for reckless driving. My record is clean. Haven't had a speeding ticket in 3 years and they had all dropped off so when you pull it there wasn't anything on my record.

brsims Thanks this.
  5. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    You need to datatq it.

Numb Thanks this.
  6. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    [​IMG]

7. Numb

Numb Crusty Curmudgeon

Jan 30, 2012
    Charlotte, N.Carolina
    I know , but ,I'm going semi retired and don't really care to hassle with it.

Don't need the money, just something to do.

8. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    OP, stop acting like this is the end of things, listen to other's advice, fight the ticket and remember to WATCH your speed.

9. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Oh ok. I hear you. I owned a similar vehicle but in quad cab with 5 speed. You had to watch it at 70 in my state. It's not really opening up at that speed. (And it will try to..)

Years ago when I first started, getting out of a 18 wheeler into one of my cars showed that there was some problems adjusting to the weight and size of the car for a hour or so on the commute home. After moving on to other employers it was less of a problem.

10. BrandonCDLdriver

BrandonCDLdriver Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Fight it. It's a Dodge. Tell the judge that the vehicle is still driveable so it couldn't have possibly gotten to 80 or it would have thrown at least one rod and possibly lost some other various parts.

tommygun58, Oxbow and Roteck Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.