I think I just committed career suicide, ticket 25 over the limit

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by Roteck, Dec 24, 2018.

1. Roteck

Roteck Light Load Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Abilene, TX
    Haha maybe making him laugh will get him to dismiss it.

Oxbow Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    Write you up for wreckless driving? Heck you were lucky he didnt haul you away in bracelets. My cousin was arrested for that same thing.

4. bigdad7

bigdad7 Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2010
    ks
    I got 17 over in Western KS ....lucky for me my gf at the time was a legal secretary for a local lawyer ....he played a round of golf with county attorney and I went from 150 speeding ticket to a 500 parking ticket ......I married that woman a year later

tommygun58, dwells40 and Oxbow Thank this.
  5. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Call the DA or Prosecutor in the jurisdiction, I guess since you said State Trooper you call the state. If your lifetime driving record is pretty clean and you ask for his suggestions on how you can reduce the career effect of your incident you may get a break. If that doesn't work call the clerk of the court where they say to send your ticket and try to get the names of attorneys that practice in that court, Pay one of them to beg the judge for some leniency, if your driving record is generally clean. If you've had other speeding tickets, you're in worse shape. Good luck.

6. Gdog66223

Gdog66223 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Coal Town
    In 2012 I got a 81 in a 55 in a tractor/trailer... luckily it was a day cab job and the cop had some sympathy on me since it was my very first ticket... He scratched out the 81 and wrote 70... I had to go to court and the judge there asked me if I wanted to contest my ticket and I said since this is my first offense can you do anything else to throw it out or lower it... She took it down 1 point... Thankfully its fell off now, but I did learn a valuable lesson that day...

7. BrandonCDLdriver

BrandonCDLdriver Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Perhaps when one is driving one should not decide to "gun it." You risk people's lives driving like an idiot.

I hope they keep you out of a commercial vehicle. You don't seem to show responsible driving in a 4 wheeler.

8. al_huryn

al_huryn Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Philadelphia, PA
    I have used interstatetrucker.com 2x successfully. I was not 25 over though when i fought a speeding ticket in 2011-12

9. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    Tickets are not the end of the world. Nor does one ticket mean you don't belong in a commercial vehicle. I have yet to see a perfect individual. I have also yet to see one that looks down on others from their pedestal that don't get knocked off of it sooner or later. It's a long way to the bottom lmao Get legal assistance try to bargain it down.

If not learn from it and move on. That said I believe that will be considered a serious violation 2 of those in a 3 year period result in a suspension in my state. Look into that.

dwells40 Thanks this.
  10. nctraveler69

nctraveler69 Bobtail Member

Dec 13, 2015
    I live in NC and have had 2 tickets reduced to improper equipment. Call local attorneys in that county and explain the ticket and your CDL and ask if they are able to get it plead to improper equipment ticket. It will cost you for lawyer, and court cost. No points. Win be cheap( 500-700)
    I was cited for 35 over in my personal vehicle and went home,called a lawyer and he said he could get it changed to improper equipment, drove straight to his office and paid for his service right then, all in a matter of 2 hours. 10 days later I received the court judgement of guilty of having a headlight out which is improper equipment. No points. And has fallen off my record now.
    Like was stated before, local lawyers have a relationship with the DA and play golf and socialize. And it seems counties in NC just want the court cost and ticket money. You should be receiving fliers for local lawyers in the mail.
    Mistakes happen and say lesson learned. Good luck

Numb Thanks this.
  11. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    In your personal car set the Cruise at 3 over and relax

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.